Question GPU fans wont stop spinning

rtmace750

Prominent
Jul 14, 2017
Hi recently my MSI GTX 970 will spin up at the set temp but then it won't stop spinning or spin down till I restart/sleep/shutdown my computer. Any tips or is it just a side effect of an old card? Thanks

rtmace750

Prominent
Jul 14, 2017
yeah the fans dont spin when they arent supposed to when below 55C which is what i have it set at but once it gets above it they spin up and don't stop no matter if the temp drops to 30 again. Fractal design integra 450watt

yeah the fans dont spin when they arent supposed to when below 55C which is what i have it set at but once it gets above it they spin up and don't stop no matter if the temp drops to 30 again

This looks like an issue related to the "sensor", either on the GPU itself, or there might be some bug with the software. For some reason, if suppose the fans are NOT stopping, despite the GPU staying on 30C,.then I think some issue is there with the sensors.

I'm NOT full sure though. Just a guess.. Like I asked before, can you control the fan speed by using any GPU tool like MSI Afterburner ? What happens when you click on the AUTO button for the Fan Speed value (MSI AB) ?? Do they stop spinning ?

rtmace750

Prominent
Jul 14, 2017
Yes i have a custom fan curve set up right now with MSI Afterburner and no matter what mode i have it on mine or auto once they spin up they don't stop till i sleep or shut down the computer

TRENDING THREADS