[SOLVED] GPU fans wont stop spinning ?

ahash96

Reputable
Jul 16, 2019
I just bought an rx 580, the fans kick in while im playing DOTA, but after i close the game, the fans continue to run. I checked the temps using GPUZ, and they fall to 25 C , but the fan speed stays the same (around 2800rpm). The only way i get them to stop is going into amds wattman thing and clicking reset. Full disclosure, i messed around with the fan curve options using MSI afterburner, but have since uninstalled it, but the fan problem remains. What do i do ?

Solution
i think you can uninstall afterburner again if you really wanted to, and it would still keep the settings

i think it will most likely do keep the settings, but if it doesn't, it's always a good idea to check if you have the latest drivers installed, sooo... do that ;)

ahash96

Reputable
Jul 16, 2019
Ok, that seems to have done the trick, the fans are definitely slowing down after i close dota, but i dont want to be forced to have afterburner installed and always be running on my computer for this....

Jul 27, 2019
i think you can uninstall afterburner again if you really wanted to, and it would still keep the settings

i think it will most likely do keep the settings, but if it doesn't, it's always a good idea to check if you have the latest drivers installed, sooo... do that ;)

Solution