GPU fans won't work on new PC

meekdrill93

Reputable
Jul 17, 2015
I've assemble this PC today http://pcpartpicker.com/guide/YxgXsY/500-blitz-gaming-pc
I'm pretty sure I connected everything correctly
When I start the computer my CPU Fan starts, so does the power supply and my other fan ( can't seem to find where to plug the front LED fan tho...

But the problem is that my GPU fans don't spin...!
I've been working on this PC for the last 3 days and I'm going crazy here

Any help would be appreciated

Solution
Did you check what the power consumption of the Gigabyte Radeon R7 370 2GB WINDFORCE 2X Video Card was.
To be honest with a 95w based FX 4350 your close to a problem with a 500w power supply.

Make sure you plugged in the provided eight pin 12v power from the PSU to the motherboard 12v eight pin extra supply
located on the Gigabyte board in white socket color just below the blue 15 pin vga video display port of the motherboard.

With out it plugged in your system, it will not fully post, and the fans on your graphic card will not spin.
Next from the PSU connect the six pin 12v Pci-e power connectors. to the black 6 pin power socket of the 370 card on the side of the facing edge of the card looking at it slotted into the Pci-e slot of...
Did you check what the power consumption of the Gigabyte Radeon R7 370 2GB WINDFORCE 2X Video Card was.
To be honest with a 95w based FX 4350 your close to a problem with a 500w power supply.

Make sure you plugged in the provided eight pin 12v power from the PSU to the motherboard 12v eight pin extra supply
located on the Gigabyte board in white socket color just below the blue 15 pin vga video display port of the motherboard.

With out it plugged in your system, it will not fully post, and the fans on your graphic card will not spin.
Next from the PSU connect the six pin 12v Pci-e power connectors. to the black 6 pin power socket of the 370 card on the side of the facing edge of the card looking at it slotted into the Pci-e slot of your motherboard.

For your case fan look to the right of the 24 pin main ATX power block of the motherboard, in white color.
Online and next to it is a 3 pin header for a system, or case fan.

If the power connectors are both in but the system does not power up fully.
Then the problem is the power supply you selected.
Does not have enough wattage or amps of the 12v power rails to drive the system config with a 370 card fitted.
A higher rated Psu may be required.

I take it it`s a first time system build for you.
You must make sure that all of the power connectors from the Psu listed here are connected to the points listed above.
It should work and power up properly after this.

Solution