Question GPU Fans working, Displays on monitor but is not detected in Bios or Device Manager

Jan 10, 2019
So I've been using a GTX 1060 for my gaming build and it has been working so far until today morning.
When I opened a game I noticed an obvious reduction in fps and the game only lasted for about 2 minutes before crashing(The Division was the game I was playing). So I then relised that my driver wasn't updated so I decided to try and update it, but it was unable to install. It just constantly said installation failure. I checked my device manager and was still able to see my GPU and when I checked its properties it said device is functioning properly.
So in order to download the new driver I decided to uninstall the old one as I thought it could have been geforce experience causing some sort of error. But when I restarted my computer the computer no longer detected my GPU. I attempted to download the drivers but it did the same thing (installation failure). The thing is that even though my system right now is using the on board graphics, my display port is still plugged into my GPU and goes through the GPU in order to display anything on the monitor and the GPU fans are also still spinning.
I have already attempted reseating my GPU 3 times and have made sure that there was sufficient power going into the GPU itself.
I know this seems like a very long thread and a very specific problem but I will very much appreciate any possible solutions to this problem. Thank!

Jan 10, 2019
My GPU isn't being detected in my bios or in my task manager. But the fans are still on and it is still ale to display everything normally on my monitor. What I mean is that the HDMI plug is still plugged into the GPU and the computer is turning on and is displaying on the monitor, but I am unable to find my GPU in my bios or device manager. Does anyone know what this means?