[SOLVED] GPU fit

mpere805

Honorable
Feb 7, 2018
Recently I purchase a MSI Tomahawk B550 MAG MB. In order to test the MB, I Installed the CPU (Ryzen 5 3600), Ram, because I have not as of yet purchase a new GPU , I used my old XFX Radeon 560, to get in the bios. Now the GPU would not sit properly in pci slot because of the structure of the MB . Now my question is would a Asus TUF gaming GTX 1660 super fit on the MB. I have not built a new rig in four years.

Solution
Recently I purchase a MSI Tomahawk B550 MAG MB. In order to test the MB, I Installed the CPU (Ryzen 5 3600), Ram, because I have not as of yet purchase a new GPU , I used my old XFX Radeon 560, to get in the bios. Now the GPU would not sit properly in pci slot because of the structure of the MB . Now my question is would a Asus TUF gaming GTX 1660 super fit on the MB. I have not built a new rig in four years.
Are you using the correct PCIe x 16 slot? it should be the slot with the armor around it; the slot closest to the CPU.

The only thing that will limit fitting a GPU would be the case.
What do you mean exactly by "not sit properly in pci slot because of the structure of the MB " ?

Are you using the correct PCIe x 16 slot? it should be the slot with the armor around it; the slot closest to the CPU.

The only thing that will limit fitting a GPU would be the case.

Solution