Gpu for 4k( mini 1080p) live streaming

Sep 12, 2018
Which GPU(upto 30k INR) required to live stream 4k (mini 1080p) video input signal direct from camera(NOT RECORDING) with PC: Intel i7 5820k,Ram Kingston Furry 8gb DDR4 1633, MSI X99A Raider board & Decklink 4k Mini Recorder ?
Not a gamer only live streaming. Please suggest for 4k and 1080p both.
Thanks.

Solution

(Sorry for late response I forgot about this thread) Upgrading your GPU won't take much of any load off of your CPU (What is your CPU, by the way?). That's the component you want to be upgrading. If you have a 2GB GPU, I suspect it's a GTX 1050, which, since you're not gaming, shouldn't be much of a...

2sidedpolygon

Prominent
Jul 1, 2018
Streaming won't really take nearly as much advantage of your GPU as it does your CPU. I'm not sure what you're doing, but as long as you're not gaming, I'd just get something on the low-mid range end of the spectrum like a GTX 1050ti, GTX 1060, or RX 580. As for your CPU, I'm not certain about how it will perform, but I'm fairly certain it'll be able to stream what you want it to. I'd look to somebody else for advice on that, though.

Sep 12, 2018
The purpose is i have to live stream a meeting or a gathering for 2 to 3 hours a day.
I currently have a 2gb Nvidia gpu but it does not do the job and the stream pauses. Gpu can be selected through settings in XSplit broadcaster
Now, cpu does stream at 1080p well but at 97% usage and I want to reduce pressure on cpu. So looking for gpu.
What is Quadro gpu series of Nvidia for ???
What memory size should i prefer for gpu 6gb or 8gb??

2sidedpolygon

Prominent
Jul 1, 2018

(Sorry for late response I forgot about this thread) Upgrading your GPU won't take much of any load off of your CPU (What is your CPU, by the way?). That's the component you want to be upgrading. If you have a 2GB GPU, I suspect it's a GTX 1050, which, since you're not gaming, shouldn't be much of a bottleneck. Upgrade your CPU, not your GPU. I'd recommend going with a Ryzen 5/7 depending on your budget.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS