GPU for 720p Ultra Settings at 120fps+ on Battlefield 4

Kendosis

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012
I'm looking for a GPU that will be able to push 720p (don't care for resolution :p) ultra with AA on at a constant 120+ fps.

I only have a single slot free so two single gpu setups are out of the question q.q a dual gpu is fine though.

Specs are pretty standard considering it's a oem pc I got for free :)

Intel Core i5-4460 Processor
8GB DDR3
1 TB Hard Drive
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

I already upgraded the power supply to a Corsair RM550.

Budget is $500 (money I was gonna use to build from scratch until this pc fell into my lap)

I'd also prefer not to bottleneck too much so if there's a cheaper gpu capable of the above mention it.

Solution
You will likely need to upgrade your power supply to get a card that is good enough to run BF4 at 120 on Ultra. You may want to look into overclocking the CPU also if you got an unlocked CPU. You may run into issues with the motherboard for overclocking, very few OEM systems have overclock options.

finnigen007

Reputable
Sep 7, 2014

A Nvidia gtx 970 or maybe 780/780ti wouldn't be too bad. The r9 290x with a better cooler is pretty good too. Similar to the 970. But is pretty power thirsty though!

You will likely need to upgrade your power supply to get a card that is good enough to run BF4 at 120 on Ultra. You may want to look into overclocking the CPU also if you got an unlocked CPU. You may run into issues with the motherboard for overclocking, very few OEM systems have overclock options.

Solution

Correct, I checked the power use on the 970, it's less than what I thought. At load the full system will be about 300 watts, for the RM550 power supply that is penty to run it.

TRENDING THREADS