Question Gpu for i5 4590? 150$ budget

Apr 3, 2021
I am looking for a gpu that won’t bottleneck my i5 4590. My current card is a gigabyte GeForce gt 1030 gddr5. Psu is 350 watts but will upgrade for a cheap enough one. If unavailable, I could just wait until the chip shortage is over. Any thoughts on the matter would be appreciated.

InvalidError

Titan
The least I would bother upgrading to would be a GTX1650 Super but those currently go for $300+ instead of their original $160 or so at launch, even the much weaker 1650 non-super costs $250+. You could try your luck on the used market but prices are pretty wacky there too. I'm not expecting things to get significantly better until mid-late 2022 at the earliest. With even the companies making chip fab equipment having shipment delays due to chip shortages for themselves, it is quite possible that many fabs that were supposed to come online in 2022 will slip into 2023.

In short: very bad time for upgrading GPU.

Apr 3, 2021
Thank you for responses and I think unless I come into some funds I will stay with my current card. All I am using it for is Minecraft and Farming simulator 19.

InvalidError

Titan
Wait. Would a gtx 1650 super bottleneck my i5 4590?
There always is a bottleneck. A faster GPU merely allows games to run as fast as your CPU will allow or enable you to increase details without losing much FPS. It does not make your CPU magically perform worse than it did before, though it may feel that way with the CPU becoming a more dominant bottleneck than the GPU.

ASK THE COMMUNITY