Question GPU for Ryzen 5 3400G?

Mar 2, 2022
What's the best GPU for 3400G considering no budget limit or bottleneck? I've read a lot of posts stating 1660 Super/2060 Super is the best it can get that I can buy online. I'd like to support a local store but they only have 1660 TI. I'm also not sure if there needs to be some kind of compatibility to make it work.

What is PCIE and how does it work? (Please explain it simple, I'm a dumdum when it comes to computer parts)

Is it worth buying 1660 Super/2060 Super online with additional fees or should I just buy 1660 TI?

My specs:
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-A320M-S2H
Processor: Ryzen 5 3400G
GPU currently using: Radeon Vega 11
RAM: Ballistix 8x2 (i forgot the whole specification)

Sorry for having a lot of questions

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

The processor end of the APU in question isn't up to par with the higher end processors, so even if you did present us with a blank budget with the sky being the limit, you're processor will need an upgrade if you intend to drop in a GTX1070 or above in the build. An RTX3050 or a 1660Ti is just about right for the build you have listed up there. FYI, the 3400G is just a rebadged 2400G.

Also, what is the make and model of your PSU and it's age?

Mar 2, 2022

The processor end of the APU in question isn't up to par with the higher end processors, so even if you did present us with a blank budget with the sky being the limit, you're processor will need an upgrade if you intend to drop in a GTX1070 or above in the build. An RTX3050 or a 1660Ti is just about right for the build you have listed up there. FYI, the 3400G is just a rebadged 2400G.

Hi, thank you for the answer.

My PSU's brand is Top One KY-750ATX PLUS-II, my entire build is probably just around 2-3 months old including the PSU. It's a cheap PSU brand.

Should I buy a GPU now and upgrade my processor later when I have funds or should I buy a better processor first?

Mar 2, 2022

Also, did you mean an RTX 2060 or 3050? Won't a 3050 bottleneck my CPU?

Hi, thank you for the answer.

My PSU's brand is Top One KY-750ATX PLUS-II, my entire build is probably just around 2-3 months old including the PSU. It's a cheap PSU brand.

Should I buy a GPU now and upgrade my processor later when I have funds or should I buy a better processor first?
Replace that PSU immediately!

What games and at what resolution are you playing at?

Mar 2, 2022
Replace that PSU immediately!

What games and at what resolution are you playing at?

What should I replace it with? I'm planning to get 1660 Super/TI, does that have anything to do with what PSU I need?

Mostly just RTS games. I would love to play performance-heavy games like Horizon: Zero Dawn and Tomb Raider trilogy but can't because my PC won't even run it on 1080p on the lowest settings.

Mar 2, 2022
Where do you live? Where do you buy your PC parts?
I live in the Philippines. I can buy parts from an online shopping app called Shopee (basically like Amazon) or from a local store I know which has cheap prices, all of my PC parts were bought from that store.

The store is really close, probably two miles away from my house. Unlike online shopping where I have to wait for a few days for the package to arrive. So do I buy 1660 TI on local store or a 1660 Super from online shopping? Which is cheaper?

Mar 2, 2022
I checked prices rn and compared both variants.

1660 TI on my local store is $452.36 (converted)

1660 Super on online shopping is $458.13 - 577.48, highest being the MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super Ventus XS OC

Idk about other countries' prices though so I'm not really sure if prices here are cheap or not.

edit: I forgot to say that I have a relative in Qatar but they still haven't checked GPU prices there which they can buy to take home to PH. That's why I'm still unsure where to buy

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS