[SOLVED] GPU For Streaming Only?

SH Gaming

Reputable
Oct 2, 2020
So I am currently trying to figure out what would be best for streaming my games. This PC will only be doing streaming since I already have my gaming pc. I was wondering what I would need to stream 1080p and preferably 60FPS. Would the 1660 be enough power or would I need something a little better? Thanks!

Solution
I use stream labs,
Yeah stream labs can use both quicksync and nvenc and there is also a special version that can use AMD, so you are all set.

You will need an HDMI input though, which means a pretty pricey thing like an elgato and if you go that way anyway you can get a standalone unit that records straight to a USB or SD without needing a whole PC.
You could get a Celeron even the J type and the iGPU with quick sync would be enough to stream even 4k@60FPS as long as your internet has enough upload.

If you already have an intel CPU you can skip the extra PC altogether and use the iGPU without influencing your FPS at all.

SH Gaming

Reputable
Oct 2, 2020
I have a AMD system and I am also getting a few parts for christmas. The processor I am getting is the i3 10100 but I wanted to make sure I can record 1080p because I know well it won’t stream anything past 810p 60FPS. The bandwidth I can not push too high or else it just does not work well since I am running wireless.

SH Gaming

Reputable
Oct 2, 2020
I use stream labs, which I know eats cpu usage and causes lack of performance on my single PC which has a R5 2600, on battle royal games. Which is why I plan on building the second Pc but wanted it to stream and record 1080p at 60FPS

SH Gaming

Reputable
Oct 2, 2020
For me I have to use x264 because of an AMD GPU because I didn’t have the money then. I might honestly just say screw it, build the second pc to help with the load, and see if I can run using the CPU on the second pc (when built) and see how far I can push it. If it seems to not work At 1080p then I may as well get the 1660. I knew I would need a capture card anyways so I am fine with buying one.