[SOLVED] GPU for the Coolermaster eite v3 PSU

Solution
They are correct, the elite series are terrible generally. You CAN upgrade to a new GPU in the meantime, but you should then upgrade the PSU as soon as you can, otherwise you risk instability or potential damage to the rest of your system should something go wrong.

It's a 400W with about 360W on the 12V rail, and being as it is an elite series, there's not too much that I would personally recommend that would give you real bang for buck. What kind of GPU would you be looking for? As personally I'd sooner upgrade both of them together so you're not limiting your GPU purchasing capability just because of your current PSU.

Even an RX570 or 1660 I wouldn't personally pair with that PSU. They'll probably run fine for a bit, but it...

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
They are correct, the elite series are terrible generally. You CAN upgrade to a new GPU in the meantime, but you should then upgrade the PSU as soon as you can, otherwise you risk instability or potential damage to the rest of your system should something go wrong.

It's a 400W with about 360W on the 12V rail, and being as it is an elite series, there's not too much that I would personally recommend that would give you real bang for buck. What kind of GPU would you be looking for? As personally I'd sooner upgrade both of them together so you're not limiting your GPU purchasing capability just because of your current PSU.

Even an RX570 or 1660 I wouldn't personally pair with that PSU. They'll probably run fine for a bit, but it certainly wouldn't be recommended.

Solution