GPU for Vintage Gamming PC???

pv2112

Commendable
Apr 22, 2018
Hello everyone

Time ago I was planning to build a retro gaming PC, to run games such as GTA Vice City, San Andreas, NFS Underground, and other games from pre 2008 era.
I was planning to buy the components for it, but instead I found a old HP DX2200 that some one was throwing away so I get it for free.
I thought that it was a 478 Pentium 4, but after I open it, I was surprised to find inside a Pentium 4 631 (I’m planning to upgrade to a Pentium D 945), 2 Gb of Ram, 250 Gb Hdd (a fast 7200 RPM unit) and a working Super Multi DVD Drive.
I installed the OS (Win XP) and after some tests, I can say that the machine works much better than I expected.

Now I need your help. What kind of graphics card I can match wit this hardware? I know that the PSU is an issue (only 250 watts unit). And what PSU could you recommend me?
Could be a “modern” low end like a GTX 750?? (Because it doesn’t require the 6 pin power connector and is almost silent). Or an older one like a ATI HD 7850 (requires more power and is a bit noisy)

Thanks for your help (and sorry for my bad English)

popatim

Titan
As long as your mothebd has a pcie slot and not an AGP then it should work but you'll have a lot of GPU muscle sitting there waiting for the P4.
You may want to reconsider your build and go with an AMD instead. They were superior cpu's back in those days.