Question GPU forcefully tries to eject itself when pressured

Sep 26, 2017
so back in september, I bought an asus dual OC 1060 3GB. This was all fine and dandy until about a month ago, where pressuring the card (playing a game around the intensity of fortnite on medium settings or higher) would cause both screens to black out, fans to speed up to 100% and all audio to completely fail.
having later remote connected to my system during one of these fails, I saw an error in the middle of the screen. It read: "could not eject Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 3GB. Device is non-removable."
this started happening around the middle of march if that helps. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this as it is currently stopping me from using my computer properly. Thanks.

What does it say under the DEVICE Manager, "Display Adapters" entry ? Which Power Supply/PSU do you have ? Also, please provide full PC specs.What's the GPU TEMP value while gaming ? Are you using a FRESH Windows OS install copy on your system ?

Use the DDU tool to do a clean re-install of the GPU drivers. https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Last edited: