Question GPU Freezing up at normal clocks.

Eternalll

Commendable
Dec 17, 2021
I have a Zotac 750 Ti, this card constantly keeps freezing either when opening a game or just randomly.

I have tried:
  • Underclocking (does work at -300 on both but I'd like to play at normal clocks.)
  • Overvolting (Actually helped raise a clock a little while maintaining basically the same temps
  • New GPU BIOS (Fixed a Previous artifacting issue but not the crashing)
  • Not using the PSU cable and vice versa (Didn't know this card was sustainable without it at first)
  • Checking DirectX
And last but not least, I monitored temps and usage upon crashing (at normal clocks) and it crashes around 4% usage 36°

CPU - Xeon E3 1220-V3
GPU - Zotac 750 Ti (HDMI + 2x DVI)
HHD - 500 GB Seasonic
RAM - 4x 2GB Samsung
PSU - 400W EVGA
Mobo - Dell Optiplex 1370 (pretty sure)

Last edited:

Eternalll

Commendable
Dec 17, 2021
include your complete system specs with make & model of ALL components and their time in use.
I changed it so you can see, also update:

Turns out it's pretty much only the memory clock, I was able to slowly turn up my core clock to get a stable 60 FPS in Apex Legends, still, do you have any idea why the memory clock is crashing the PC?

Eternalll

Commendable
Dec 17, 2021
I changed it so you can see, also update:

Turns out it's pretty much only the memory clock, I was able to slowly turn up my core clock to get a stable 60 FPS in Apex Legends, still, do you have any idea why the memory clock is crashing the PC?
The core clock is mostly stable at normal clocks

Apr 20, 2022
Have you tried running GPU-z programme to monitor your graphics card while you game? It has a sensor called Perfmon, that can possibly provide clues as to why you are crashing.

Apr 20, 2022
I've been using GPU-Z to monitor exact clocks but I didn't know there was a problem detection program, how do I access it?
Just scroll down, it's called Perfmon.

It should be all green and suggest that pwr is limiting performance. If its anything else, you may have some clues as to what's causing your issue