GPU gets no display - only integrated graphics work.

Nov 2, 2018
Hi, so recently I have bought some new parts for my pc, and have used the same gpu, psu and hard drives from a working pc. The new parts I have bought and added are a motherboard, ram and cpu and heat sink. So as I use the display port in the gpu to the monitor I get no display however when I use the vga port on the motherboard for the integrated graphics I get a display, so to summarise my pc can’t recognise my gpu.
Things I have done:
- made sure the gpu is plugged in with the 6pin connector
- tested another working gpu in the motherboard, and still no display (which tells me my gpu isn’t dead)
- updated BIOS to the latest version.
- reseated graphics card many times (and tested it into another working pc with display working.)
- tried another monitor
- tried a different port and cable (hdmi)
- attempted to change graphics settings in bios to load pci-e only instead of the auto setting or integrated graphics however the changes do not save and automate change to auto again after rebooting.
- 100% plugging display port in to gpu not motherboard.
-updated and reinstalled windows 10
Reseated ram and tried one slot and multiple places.
Pc specs:
Graphics card: GTX 1060 3GB (asus)
Processor: I7 7700k kabylake 4.20ghz
RAM: Corsair vengeance 2x4gb ddr4
Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B250m-k
Power supply: Corsair 450w psu

Edit: I have just bought a brand new motherboard and still get the same problem. :( running out of ideas.
Edit 2: tried another psu (600w) and still the same problem,could the cpu be the problem?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Your description makes it sound like the motherboard is defective. (1) Two known-good cards don't work when plugged into the PCIe x16 slot. (2) Different cables (outputs) produce the same results.
Either that or the 6-pin connector from the PSU isn't live. Do you have a voltmeter?

Nov 2, 2018

Hi, thanks for your reply I have now tried another motherboard and still receive the same problem, and sorry I don’t have a voltmeter.

Nov 2, 2018

Thanks for the reply, I have tried that and still get the same problem.