GPU Getting hotter overtime

Jul 25, 2018
Hello I was wondering if somebody could help me since I'm relatively new to pc gaming I was just wondering why my gpu (nvidia gtx1060 6gb) was reaching temperatures higher than normal I cleaned the top of the gpu with a can of compressed air should I also clean my fan filters ? or is it another issue. I'm just worried because before it ran at cooler temperatures so if anyone could help it would be great. Thank you!!!

Solution
He meant the filters on the case.

Yes, thoroughly clean all the fan filters - as dust build up will harm the air-flow into the case.

I do this every couple of months. It's very dusty where I live!

smashjohn

Reputable
Aug 14, 2017
I'm not a fan of air-in-a-can. Sometimes it provides just enough air force to pack the dust into the fins and doesn't actually clean them out. Makes sure your fins are really clear of dust. Use a fresh can if you need to; the can's lose air pressure fast. Personally I use an air compressor, but some folks feel this provides too much air force.

Also, yes, clean out the filters. Your GPU depends on lots of fresh air intake into the computer chassi to work properly.

gasaraki

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
Video cards don't have fan filters. Your higher temperatures could be related to higher ambient temperatures during summer. If you already blew out the fan of the video card then maybe the inside of your case is hotter.

TRENDING THREADS