[SOLVED] GPU gives no signal on new build ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 9, 2022
So today I’ve built my long awaited new system. Once it was finally done I plugged it in and connected it to my monitor. I press the power button and the lights go on. But the monitor repeatedly turns on, displays “HDMI-1 No Signal” and turns off again.

What I have tried so far:
  • Checked that all cables are correctly attached
  • Put the GPU into another slot
  • Put the HDMI cable into the MoBo (that started normally and also showed on the monitor)
  • In the BIOS I switched the two PCIEX16(G5) from Auto to Gen 4
  • In the BIOS I switched the standard display from Auto to PCIE
  • The MoBo does not show any error codes.
  • Unfortunately I do not have a Display Port cable at hand, but I doubt that would change anything
I’m honestly out of ideas. It doesn’t seem that there’s anything wrong with the MoBo or any other components. The GPU is fresh out of the box so I hope it’s not faulty from the factory. This is by far not my first build and I was as thorough and careful as always.

Am I missing anything? Please help.

The specs are:
CPU: i9-12900K
MoBo: Asus ROG Z690 Maximus
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 6000 MHz
GPU: Asus ROG Strix 3080Ti OC
M.2: Kingston KC3000 2TB
PSU: Corsair HX1200 Platinum + CableMod Pro series Type Black
Cooling: Corsair H170 Elite
Case: Corsair 7000D

Last edited:
Reactions: gpu999
Apr 5, 2022
So today I’ve built my long awaited new system. Once it was finally done I plugged it in and connected it to my monitor. I press the power button and the lights go on. But the monitor repeatedly turns on, displays “HDMI-1 No Signal” and turns off again.

What I have tried so far:
  • Checked that all cables are correctly attached
  • Put the GPU into another slot
  • Put the HDMI cable into the MoBo (that started normally and also showed on the monitor)
  • In the BIOS I switched the two PCIEX16(G5) from Auto to Gen 4
  • In the BIOS I switched the standard display from Auto to PCIE
  • The MoBo does not show any error codes.
  • Unfortunately I do not have a Display Port cable at hand, but I doubt that would change anything
I’m honestly out of ideas. It doesn’t seem that there’s anything wrong with the MoBo or any other components. The GPU is fresh out of the box so I hope it’s not faulty from the factory. This is by far not my first build and I was as thorough and careful as always.

Am I missing anything? Please help.

The specs are:
CPU: i9-12900K
MoBo: Asus ROG Z690 Maximus
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 6000 MHz
GPU: Asus ROG Strix 3080Ti OC
M.2: Kingston KC3000 2TB
PSU: Corsair HX1200 Platinum
Cooling: Corsair H170 Elite
Case: Corsair 7000D
Get the RAM tested.

Reactions: Strinom
Apr 9, 2022
You could insert the same RAM sticks into another functional desktop and see if the computer continues to function as before. Otherwise take it to a shop.
It’s DDR5, so I can’t put it into another PC. It shows up correctly and without any errors tho when the HDMI is connected to the onboard slot.

Reactions: gpu999
Apr 5, 2022
It’s DDR5, so I can’t put it into another PC. It shows up correctly and without any errors tho when the HDMI is connected to the onboard slot.
I'm no expert, but as you're telling that the onboard slot functions correctly, I would guess the problem lies with the graphics card itself or the cables connecting the GPU are faulty or wrongly connected.

Apr 9, 2022
I'm no expert, but as you're telling that the onboard slot functions correctly, I would guess the problem lies with the graphics card itself or the cables connecting the GPU are faulty or wrongly connected.
I’ll check that out, I really hope it’s not the GPU that’s broken, but I checked all cables that they’re plugged in correctly.

Apr 9, 2022
So I managed to fix it by installing GeForce experience and installing the latest driver. I plugged the HDMI cable into the GPU, had a bluescreen and after restarting it worked as if nothing was wrong with it to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.