Question Gpu giving black screen at launching

Jun 5, 2019
Hey, I just upgraded to a i7 4790k and everytime e gen Im launching a game or a benchmark the screen goes black and showing cable not connected. I tought It's the psu but I did a benchmark to the psu with the integrated gpu and shows no errors. How I can fix this ?

Ok what are you total system specs? What did you do when you upgraded to the 4790k, Ie. new drivers etc? Does your screen work normally when using windows? And Im confused by your statement you did a bench mark to your psu. Psu is the power supply unit, and your Gpu is the graphics power unit.

Jun 5, 2019
So, I have 8gb ram ddr3, i7 4790k , gtx 970 with a psu of 650w, its a app named occt where you can do a test to your psu( Power Supply Unit) , my problem it's that I cant play any game and I cant do anu benchmark test, my screen works normally.

Jun 5, 2019
What's the make and exact MODEL number of this PSU ? Which Motherboard are you having ? Do you have the latest BIOS for your system ? Also, try to reset/clear all the CMOS/BIOS settings to factory default.

Have you connected the PCI-E/PEG cables to the GPU ?
Everything its connected to the gpu, I have a hewlett packard 800-090eo latest bios, I reseted everything but stil the same...

The PSU its a Energon EPS 650W.

That's a very poor quality low-end PSU. German brand "Inter Tech" sells these PSUs. The OEM might be "Huizhou Xin Hui Yuan Tech", 'cause they have made many power supplies for this company.

That's most probably a generic model. Do NOT use this to power up your GPU. Please get some high-quality PSU. Even though the PSU might not be the culprit, it's not advisable to use this unit for any Gaming PC.

https://www.inter-tech.de/en/products/psu/atx/eps-650

PSU is the last component you might want to cheap out on, or skimp. Try to get some other high quality PSU, IF possible. Power supplies are an imperative part of your system that should not be taken lightly. Throwing in a budget PSU could result in poor power efficiency or even a wrecked system. Don't SKIMP on the PSU,, since this is the MOST important PC component. I can't stress this enough.

Btw, this PSU list is NOT exhaustive, nor 100% accurate though, but at least it gives us some idea about the brand reputation, in the hierarchy list..BUT, make a note though. Despite Seasonic, XFX listed under the "arguably best brands" category by me, they have had pretty poor quality units as well. like the XT series, and SeaSonic S12II Series. There are more exceptions though...

Pretty much all PSU manufacturers sell good and bad power supplies.

PSU brands to never buy from :eek:

• Diablotek
  • Apevia
  • Coolmax
  • Logisys
  • Sparkle
  • Raidmax
  • Zalman
  • Diablotek
  • Xilence
  • Tacens
  • iBALL
  • Zebronics.
  • Logisys.

• Average PSU brands (Not deadly but I would avoid them)
  • NZXT
  • Enermax
  • Cougar
  • Bitfenix
Good PSU brands (These psu brands have decent-great PSUs, but also have a few outliers)
  • EVGA
  • Corsair
  • Antec
  • Cooler master
  • Be quiet!
  • Fractal Design
  • SilverStone
  • FSP.
Arguably the best brands, but that's a slight exaggeration.. :) ;)
  • Seasonic
  • XFX
  • Superflower
Conclusion
Most power supplies you buy should be fine as long as you're not pushing them to the very limits. I obviously didn't include every OEM and re-seller but I listed the main ones. Pretty much all PSU manufacturers sell good and bad power supplies, it just takes a little reviewing and forethought into your system requirements before you make a selection....

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2019
That's a very poor quality PSU. German brand "Inter Tech" sells these PSUs. Most probably a generic model. Do NOT use this to power up your GPU. Please get some high-quality PSU. Even though the PSU might not be the culprit, it's not advisable to use this unit for any Gaming PC.

https://www.inter-tech.de/en/products/psu/atx/eps-650

PSU is the last component you might want to cheap out on, or skimp. Try to get some other high quality PSU, IF possible. Power supplies are an imperative part of your system that should not be taken lightly. Throwing in a budget PSU could result in poor power efficiency or even a wrecked system. Don't SKIMP on the PSU,, since this is the MOST important PC component. I can't stress this enough.

Btw, this PSU list is NOT exhaustive, nor 100% accurate though, but at least it gives us some idea about the brand reputation, in the hierarchy list..BUT, make a note though. Despite Seasonic, XFX listed under the "arguably best brands" category by me, they have had pretty poor quality units as well. like the XT series, and SeaSonic S12II Series. There are more exceptions though...

Pretty much all PSU manufacturers sell good and bad power supplies.

PSU brands to never buy from :eek:

• Diablotek
  • Apevia
  • Coolmax
  • Logisys
  • Sparkle
  • Raidmax
  • Zalman
  • Diablotek
  • Xilence
  • Tacens
  • iBALL
  • Zebronics.
  • Logisys.

• Average PSU brands (Not deadly but I would avoid them)
  • NZXT
  • Enermax
  • Cougar
  • Bitfenix
Good PSU brands (These psu brands have decent-great PSUs, but also have a few outliers)
  • EVGA
  • Corsair
  • Antec
  • Cooler master
  • Be quiet!
  • Fractal Design
  • SilverStone
  • FSP.
Arguably the best brands, but that's a slight exaggeration.. :) ;)
  • Seasonic
  • XFX
  • Superflower
Conclusion
Most power supplies you buy should be fine as long as you're not pushing them to the very limits. I obviously didn't include every OEM and re-seller but I listed the main ones. Pretty much all PSU manufacturers sell good and bad power supplies, it just takes a little reviewing and forethought into your system requirements before you make a selection....
Yeah, but dont think this its my problem.....