Question GPU going black, green, and sometimes noise appears then it goes back to normal

Centuriio

Commendable
Jun 24, 2019
I checked my cable, and it seems good, besides I bought it recently, running on room temperature (38°C), I have the latest drivers I think, and the monitor has no issues whatsoever. When I was playing Skyrim it was doing it every 1-1.5 minutes but as I'm writing this it went green two times so far (in a 15 minute period, I'm a slow typist), could this be a GPU issue, and if so what could it be, what could I do with it, or how can I fix it, I'm not sure I have warranty, and I'm not in a financial position where I could just buy an another one, so I can only get it repaired, or do it myself if it isn't that complicated.

specs:
i5 4690k
Armor RX580 8GB
12 GB of RAM
650W PSU
MSI H81M-P33

Centuriio

Commendable
Jun 24, 2019
What is the exact PSU being used?

What is this cable? Is this a cable that is advertised to work specifically with this PSU?

Hopefully we can resolve the issue, because it's unlikely that repair would be an option.
Gigabyte P650B, yes it was the power cable that was shipped with the PSU, although I meant the HDMI cable

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Not a PSU I'd ever recommend purchasing, but probably not really dangerous to an RX 580.

Can you describe further what you mean by "going green?" Is the whole screen turning green? Are you getting green and black polygons? Is this happening with any other game? Are you doing any overclocking?

Centuriio

Commendable
Jun 24, 2019
Not a PSU I'd ever recommend purchasing, but probably not really dangerous to an RX 580.

Can you describe further what you mean by "going green?" Is the whole screen turning green? Are you getting green and black polygons? Is this happening with any other game? Are you doing any overclocking?
No, no overclocking, it goes fully green, (sometimes only half of the screen), and sometimes it looks like the negative of the screen if you know what I mean
sometimes it doesn't go back to normal, then it helps to unplug and plug the HDMI cable back again

I checked my cable, and it seems good, besides I bought it recently, running on room temperature (38°C), I have the latest drivers I think, and the monitor has no issues whatsoever. When I was playing Skyrim it was doing it every 1-1.5 minutes but as I'm writing this it went green two times so far (in a 15 minute period, I'm a slow typist), could this be a GPU issue, and if so what could it be, what could I do with it, or how can I fix it, I'm not sure I have warranty, and I'm not in a financial position where I could just buy an another one, so I can only get it repaired, or do it myself if it isn't that complicated.

specs:
i5 4690k
Armor RX580 8GB
12 GB of RAM
650W PSU
MSI H81M-P33

Hi, when you wrote: "I checked my cable", Did you actually used a brand new HDMI cable with the RX 580?, or you meant that you took the cable and try it on a diferent system/monitor?

Centuriio

Commendable
Jun 24, 2019
Is this a new RX 580? used one? How long have been runing? , Is it under warranty?, Have you tried a diferent Radeon version driver?, Are you using Windows 10, right?, Also how old is the PSU?
about a year old, idk few hours, as I said I'm not sure, yes I have, yes I am, 1,5 or 2 years old

about a year old, idk few hours, as I said I'm not sure, yes I have, yes I am, 1,5 or 2 years old

Ok,

So this black/green screens only happend when gaming?

Never while watching youtube or netflix (or the likes)?

By any chance, do you have an old GPU to try for a few days (some that may be able to run skyrim even if its at low settings)?

(Ima take a while to answer after this, but I hope someone else may answer in the meantime).

Centuriio

Commendable
Jun 24, 2019
Ok,

So this black/green screens only happend when gaming?

Never while watching youtube or netflix (or the likes)?

By any chance, do you have an old GPU to try for a few days (some that may be able to run skyrim even if its at low settings)?

(Ima take a while to answer after this, but I hope someone else may answer in the meantime).
no, but it always started when I was playing a game, I sold my old GPU, so no