[SOLVED] GPU greatly underperforming

amudie

Reputable
Mar 22, 2019
I recently purchased an RX 580 8gb, specifically the asus model. I installed it to find it was wildly underperforming. Lower frames than what it should be outputting, as well as stuttering. I reinstalled the drivers, but the problem persisted. I also attempted resetting my pc, still, same results. I don't think it's my psu, as I bought it not long ago with future upgrades in mind. I tried a replacement gpu of the same model, but the same thing happened. My PC was working fine with my old gpu, GTX 550ti. I have absolutely no idea what the issue is and help would be appreciated. I tested it on Rainbow Six Siege and other games like fortnite, etc.

PC specs:
i7 2600
ga-z68-ud3-issd
CoolerMaster MWE bronze 550w
ASUS RX 580 8gb

Nothing is or has ever been overclocked.

I ran userbenchmarks: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/25148712 but to be honest I don't know what to expect from it.

Help needed please.

Solution
I recently purchased an RX 580 8gb, specifically the asus model. I installed it to find it was wildly underperforming. Lower frames than what it should be outputting, as well as stuttering. I reinstalled the drivers, but the problem persisted. I also attempted resetting my pc, still, same results. I don't think it's my psu, as I bought it not long ago with future upgrades in mind. I tried a replacement gpu of the same model, but the same thing happened. My PC was working fine with my old gpu, GTX 550ti. I have absolutely no idea what the issue is and help would be appreciated. I tested it on Rainbow Six Siege and other games like fortnite, etc.

PC specs:
i7 2600
ga-z68-ud3-issd
ASUS RX 580 8gb

Nothing...

PC specs:
i7 2600
ga-z68-ud3-issd
ASUS RX 580 8gb

Nothing is or has ever been overclocked.

I ran userbenchmarks: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/25148712 but to be honest I don't know what to expect from it.

Help needed please.

Most likely as mentioned it is thermal throttling, or it is a bottleneck. Record what your cpu speed is. If it is 100% and the gpu is a lot lower, it is very likely bottlenecking. What are you cooling your cpu with and what temperatures is it reaching?

Solution

amudie

Reputable
Mar 22, 2019
Most likely as mentioned it is thermal throttling, or it is a bottleneck. Record what your cpu speed is. If it is 100% and the gpu is a lot lower, it is very likely bottlenecking. What are you cooling your cpu with and what temperatures is it reaching?
Just the stock cooler, not sure what temps tho