GPU HDMI without drivers

azwald

Reputable
Nov 4, 2014
Hi I am trying to use a HD7950 into my TV through hdmi, i get no signal and cant even get into boot menu ( i assume because no drivers?) Can i use an old 450gts to boot into windows install the drivers for the 7950 then swap them out? Any ideas thanks

azwald

Reputable
Nov 4, 2014

I think its because the TV is 13xx resolution and no way to change it, i do not believe the mobo as intergrated graphics. the big problem is i have no access to a monitor so i cant try dvi

Ah yes...that makes total sense.
Well....you could try doing what you suggested....but I think you may end up with errors because when you are installing the driver for the 7950 it won't be in the machine....or even if it was, you would have two cards in there....and that may cause problems with the driver install.

Obviously the best way is to hook it to a monitor with the 7950 installed....let the Windows drivers do what they do and then install the 7950 driver.

azwald

Reputable
Nov 4, 2014

Yeah i think thats the only way around it, i tried to isntall the drivers but as we know cant install drivers without the card plugged in. I thought this i just wondered if there was any other way around it, thanks