Question Gpu heatsinks

fish212

Reputable
Dec 20, 2019
Hi,

I am in the process of building a fanless pc using a special heatsink case.

But I am unsure about the placement of the gpu heatsinks (rtx 3070).

Is it ok as in the picture?

I did not remove the grey thermal glue that was already there from the aftermarket cooler. I just pasted the heatsinks on top of this.

I saw some very small spots with thermal glue on it. Not sure if there should be a heatsink on there as well but they are tiny and I don’t have that size. They are encircled in yellow in the picture.

I also placed two single file heatsinks on two spots as I had no more wide ones. Does that matter? See green circles in pic.

Also used one low profile heatsink as I didn’t have anymore high profile ones. Does that matter? See blue circle in pic.

Thank you

View: https://imgur.com/a/goXMRg5

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
I am in the process of building a fanless pc using a special heatsink case.
Make and model of the case? Make and model of the passive heatsinks? Got a link to the GPU you're working with? The case and heatsink should come with a compatibility chart telling you what will and won't work with the case.

Those heatsinks are not nearly enough to dissipate the heat this card will generate. The chip will not even throttle when the VRM (the row of FETs underneath the little heatsink) will catch fire… unless you limit it by 12Watt it does not stand a chance. Regardless of what case you have. Those yellow circled spots on your first image are exposed VRM FETs too…
3IoSEic_d.png

Check the thermal image of FE card with ACTIVE cooling here:
NVIDIA-RTX-3070-FE-Gaming-Max-UHD.jpg

Last edited: