[SOLVED] GPU hitting 70-71 degrees on CSGO?

rezaka16

Prominent
Dec 10, 2020
Is that normal? I'm playing on very high settings too. I'm concerned because people online are saying that it's not OK. I have two fans in my case.

Solution
CSGO isn't capped, and I have a 60hz monitor. Rocket is capped, so I guess that's why It's running smoother? But I'm relieved by you saying that my temps are fine. I guess 70c on CSGO is OK, considering im playing on 210-250fps on everything maxed out. I'll still try to cap my fps to see if that makes it any better. Thank you both a lot!
Those cards can run low 80's with no problems not a clue who told you 70 was hot.

rezaka16

Prominent
Dec 10, 2020
Edit: On games like Rocket League, FIFA 19, GTA San Andreas my GPU doesn't hit anything over 61. On GTA my temp stays at 39 degrees, at Fifa it goes up to 60, at Rocket league, no more than 55.

In GTA San Andreas, not 5, I get 60 fps because it's capped. In rocket league, the same thing. I cap my fps because I get screen tearing. I think my drivers are updated too.
Edit: I think it doesn't even hit 50 on Rocket League.
Try using DDU to uninstall all gpu drivers completely, and then reinstall the latest one from the Nvidia website. Don't use geforce experience, and if you do use the custom installation that deletes the old drivers and installs new freshly

rezaka16

Prominent
Dec 10, 2020
CSGO isn't capped, and I have a 60hz monitor. Rocket is capped, so I guess that's why It's running smoother? But I'm relieved by you saying that my temps are fine. I guess 70c on CSGO is OK, considering im playing on 210-250fps on everything maxed out. I'll still try to cap my fps to see if that makes it any better. Thank you both a lot!

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Those cards can run low 80's with no problems not a clue who told you 70 was hot.

Solution

rezaka16

Prominent
Dec 10, 2020
That's good. Doe I have a problem with GTA 5 and games like Mafia Definitive Edition. My GPU gets really hot, it has reached 88-89 before. I don't quite know what's the problem, but cooler games run really well. Do you have any advices?