Apr 16, 2020
Hi all, sorry if this is very long, I want to be as thorough in my explanation as possible. I will post specs at the bottom.

Recently I've been playing division 2 a hell of alot, I've been playing it at mostly high settings on 2560x1440 (I used MSI AB OC scanner, using the power-frequency curve increased base clock around 239mhz at 1025mV average), but realised that I was only getting 30fps MAX, found out this was due to the refresh rate (RR) capability of my cable [DVI-D TO HDMI]; (I moved onto a displayport to HDMI 4k cable, which didn't work, see my only other thread for details) so I moved onto using a hdmi cable to get my RR up to 60hz, this allowed me to average 54fps on the settings previously mentioned.

After a week or so I started to get black screening after about 10-20 minutes of playing, so I reverted back to my original cable and reduced my resolution to 1920x1080 @60hz, but the black screening persisted, but alot more intermittently (it sometimes wouldn't happen for an hour, sometimes it would be 5 minutes) and even even when re-running MSI AB OCscanner.

Because of this I reduce my settings down to mostly medium and removed the OC from my graphics card and this had seemed to stop the black screening, I was now left with a very minor stuttering whilst playing (like 10ms every 5 secs), to counter this I used MSI AB to raise my core clock just 100mhz and Vram by 20mhz (previously untouched) and I've disabled Uplay overlay, that seems to have fixed the stuttering.

Now the actual reason I'm posting:
After 3 hours of playing I've noticed my GPU temp is so much higher than it was before; on high 2560x1440 30hz settings my GPU almost never hit 60c, and would idle between 10-15c. Now I'm on mostly medium settings 1920x1080 @60hz and my GPU has hit 84*c and I'm a little concerned because I was under the impression I've been stressing the card alot less on these settings.

Boost clock with curve hit 2103mhz max
Boost clock with 100hz hit 1974mhz max

My specs are as follows: MSI b350 gaming plus MOBO, GTX1060 6GB (with kraken G12 mount & NZXT AIO liquid cooler), Ryzen 5 1600 (coolermaster AIO liquid cooler) 32GB DDR4 2400mhz, aerocool 750w bronze+ PSU.
All radiators have push/pull fan setup and the case has the side panel removed.
Pc is about 2 1/2 years old, GPU was converted to liquid about 6 months ago because stock cooler was hitting 89*c with no OC.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Hi all, sorry if this is very long, I want to be as thorough in my explanation as possible. I will post specs at the bottom.

Recently I've been playing division 2 a hell of alot, I've been playing it at mostly high settings on 2560x1440 (I used MSI AB OC scanner, using the power-frequency curve increased base clock around 239mhz at 1025mV average), but realised that I was only getting 30fps MAX, found out this was due to the refresh rate (RR) capability of my cable [DVI-D TO HDMI]; (I moved onto a displayport to HDMI 4k cable, which didn't work, see my only other thread for details) so I moved onto using a hdmi cable to get my RR up to 60hz, this allowed me to average 54fps on the settings previously mentioned.

After a week or so I started to get black screening after about 10-20 minutes of playing, so I reverted back to my original cable and reduced my resolution to 1920x1080 @60hz, but the black screening persisted, but alot more intermittently (it sometimes wouldn't happen for an hour, sometimes it would be 5 minutes) and even even when re-running MSI AB OCscanner.

Because of this I reduce my settings down to mostly medium and removed the OC from my graphics card and this had seemed to stop the black screening, I was now left with a very minor stuttering whilst playing (like 10ms every 5 secs), to counter this I used MSI AB to raise my core clock just 100mhz and Vram by 20mhz (previously untouched) and I've disabled Uplay overlay, that seems to have fixed the stuttering.

Now the actual reason I'm posting:
After 3 hours of playing I've noticed my GPU temp is so much higher than it was before; on high 2560x1440 30hz settings my GPU almost never hit 60c, and would idle between 10-15c. Now I'm on mostly medium settings 1920x1080 @60hz and my GPU has hit 84*c and I'm a little concerned because I was under the impression I've been stressing the card alot less on these settings.

Boost clock with curve hit 2103mhz max
Boost clock with 100hz hit 1974mhz max

My specs are as follows: MSI b350 gaming plus MOBO, GTX1060 6GB (with kraken G12 mount & NZXT AIO liquid cooler), Ryzen 5 1600 (coolermaster AIO liquid cooler) 32GB DDR4 2400mhz, aerocool 750w bronze+ PSU.
All radiators have push/pull fan setup and the case has the side panel removed.
Pc is about 2 1/2 years old, GPU was converted to liquid about 6 months ago because stock cooler was hitting 89*c with no OC.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.
What size liquid cooler on the GPU? 80+ Celsius is pretty high for using a AIO. I’m not a fan of taking the side panel off. If you have a good fan setup, it can actually hurt cooling as there is no streamline of air. Front fans push air to back fans, otherwise the back fans are just pulling residual air around them which could be warmer due to no cool air making it there from the front fans. I’d check temps with each configuration and see which works best. I’m wondering if the AIO is not installed correctly though because, as I said, that’s pretty dang hot for a AIO.

Apr 16, 2020
What size liquid cooler on the GPU? 80+ Celsius is pretty high for using a AIO. I’m not a fan of taking the side panel off. If you have a good fan setup, it can actually hurt cooling as there is no streamline of air. Front fans push air to back fans, otherwise the back fans are just pulling residual air around them which could be warmer due to no cool air making it there from the front fans. I’d check temps with each configuration and see which works best. I’m wondering if the AIO is not installed correctly though because, as I said, that’s pretty dang hot for a AIO.
Thanks for the quick reply,

GPU cooler radiator is 120 the push fan is PWM 1000-2000 rpm/ pull fan is DC 1200 rpm, Due to limited intakes on my case I've made it so both pull into the case and my GPU radiator pulls straight from next to an open window so the air is as cold as possible (yes I know it's unconventional), I don't believe it is because the AIO isn't connected properly because as I said it's been like it for about 6 months and before now it never really went over 60*c even on high settings in 2560x1440 @30Hz, but considering all the problems I've been having recently I'm just terrified that the GPU is on its way out. Maybe need to change the thermal paste?

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick reply,

GPU cooler radiator is 120 the push fan is PWM 1000-2000 rpm/ pull fan is DC 1200 rpm, Due to limited intakes on my case I've made it so both pull into the case and my GPU radiator pulls straight from next to an open window so the air is as cold as possible (yes I know it's unconventional), I don't believe it is because the AIO isn't connected properly because as I said it's been like it for about 6 months and before now it never really went over 60*c even on high settings in 2560x1440 @30Hz, but considering all the problems I've been having recently I'm just terrified that the GPU is on its way out. Maybe need to change the thermal paste?
Well with the GPU limited to 30fps it wouldn’t have been working full speed the whole time. There’s more to the system than your GPU processor and CPU, specifically system and graphics RAM. A 120mm AIO isn’t all that great in and of itself either. I use a 280mm in my 1080ti and it stays a chill 35-40c overclocked.

Apr 16, 2020
Well with the GPU limited to 30fps it wouldn’t have been working full speed the whole time. There’s more to the system than your GPU processor and CPU, specifically system and graphics RAM. A 120mm AIO isn’t all that great in and of itself either. I use a 280mm in my 1080ti and it stays a chill 35-40c overclocked.
I suppose that is very true, if I run it in 1080p medium settings without v-sync it runs at 90-100fpa, v-sync limits it to 60fps. Maybe it's nothing to worry about, just being concerned as I'm selling it soon because I'm moving away.

i run Firestrike benchmark, here is the MSI AB readout: View: https://imgur.com/a/HXS5imk

Reactions: Robertrussell92