Question GPU in new build not recognized by OS/BIOS, no display when connecting monitor to GPU ?

dna13

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2014
I have a new build with parts below:

CPU: Intel Core i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12-Core

CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 Rev.B 39.44 CFM CPU Cooler

Motherboard: ASRock Z690M-ITX/ax Mini ITX LGA1700

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18

Storage: TEAMGROUP MP33 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME SSD

GPU: Asus TUF GAMING OC Radeon RX 6900 XT 16 GB

Case: Cooler Master MasterBox NR200 Mini ITX

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 GM 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular

Case Fan: the stock one on NR200

I originally installed Windows using the CPU integrated graphics, and now trying to install my GPU. The problem is that 6900XT is not being recognized by Windows or my BIOS. Nothing is displayed on my monitor when I connect it to the GPU ( I tried displayport and HDMI). I can only get a display when I plug into my CPU's integrated graphics. The GPU isn't showing up in my Windows Device Manager under display adapters.

What I have done to try to fix the problem:

• I just took out the 6900XT and plugged in a 1050 Ti and got it recognized and working instantly. This makes me think the problem is with the 6900XT.

• When I plug in the 6900XT, I made sure it is seated firmly in the PCI-E slot (a little difficult to check in this small case with such a bulky GPU), and confirmed that the GPU lights turn on and fans spin up when the PC is powered on. I also tried installing GPU drivers first through AMD Adrenalin, but Adrenalin does not recognize any AMD card in my system even when the 6900XT is plugged in and powered on. I was unable to install any AMD drivers. I have also tried connecting the GPU with 1 daisy chained 2x8 power supply cable, or two separate 1x8 cables.

Thank you so much for your help!

I have a new built with parts below:

CPU: Intel Core i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12-Core

CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 Rev.B 39.44 CFM CPU Cooler

Motherboard: ASRock Z690M-ITX/ax Mini ITX LGA1700 Motherboard

Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18

MemoryStorage: TEAMGROUP MP33 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive

Video Card: Asus TUF GAMING OC Radeon RX 6900 XT 16 GB Video Card

Case: Cooler Master MasterBox NR200 Mini ITX Desktop Case

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 GM 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply

Case Fan: the stock one on NR200

I originally installed Windows using the CPU integrated graphics, and now trying to install my GPU. The problem is that 6900XT is not being recognized by Windows or my BIOS. Nothing is displayed on my monitor when I connect it to the GPU ( I tried displayport and HDMI). I can only get a display when I plug into my CPU's integrated graphics. The GPU isn't showing up in my Windows Device Manager under display adapters.

What I have done to try to fix the problem:

- I just took out the 6900XT and plugged in a 1050 Ti and got it recognized and working instantly. This makes me think the problem is with the 6900XT.

-When I plug in the 6900XT, I made sure it is seated firmly in the PCI-E slot (a little difficult to check in this small case with such a bulky GPU), and confirmed that the GPU lights turn on and fans spin up when the PC is powered on. I also tried installing GPU drivers first through AMD Adrenalin, but Adrenalin does not recognize any AMD card in my system even when the 6900XT is plugged in and powered on. I was unable to install any AMD drivers. I have also tried connecting the GPU with 1 daisy chained 2x8 power supply cable, or two separate 1x8 cables.

Thank you so much for your help!
Does this gpu work in another pc?

Last edited by a moderator: