Question GPU is not even trying to max out.

Mxares

Commendable
Feb 3, 2021
Hello guys,

recently i upgraded my GPU from 1050ti to rx 570 nitro plus, and i can notice the difference.
my only problem i have right now is rx 570 is not being used to its max. i tried 3 games and everywhere its the same not hitting 99.
i tried bordlerands 2 and dota 2 very light games and the gpu usage stays 50% with uncapped FPS and vsync off, and i get around 80 fps while i sourly can get ulp to 150+ On other games like Mass effect andromeda usage is higher but not 90+ only sometimes it hits 90+. my CPu usage stays in the low 30 and temps of both cpu and gpu stay at around 60. i have provided some SS from my games. When i run a benchmark tho the GPU usage is 100% always no problem in Heaven, valley, furmark, 3dmark, and i get the same resault as other RX570 users. My specs are
i3 8100
8gb ram
500wat 80 plus deepcool
2 HDD

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/56371831

View: https://imgur.com/pcKrmiK

Any help would be apriciated

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Vsyinc off, never had a problem with my PSU itd 80 plus bronze rated, cpu is never 100 percent used not even one core
Your CPU is not turboing up probably heat related and a single stick of memory hurts the performance. Or windows power plan settings.

Your CPU limits the FPS, GPU is more or less just in game settings it will only do what the CPU can provide it to use.

If your video card can do X amount of FPS with your settings but the CPU can only provide 1/2 that amount of FPS then the card will run in the 50% area.

Last edited:

Mxares

Commendable
Feb 3, 2021
Your CPU is not turboing up probably heat related and a single stick of memory hurts the performance. Or windows power pan settings.
hey thanks for the reply, i updated MSI afterburner to show the clock of the CPU and its turboing to 3600 max for my cpu, temps are in the low 60 and power plan is set to high pefromance. As for the ram i already orderd 2x8 2666mhz kit but its an old game i dont think more then 8 gb is gonna be needed here.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
hey thanks for the reply, i updated MSI afterburner to show the clock of the CPU and its turboing to 3600 max for my cpu, temps are in the low 60 and power plan is set to high pefromance. As for the ram i already orderd 2x8 2666mhz kit but its an old game i dont think more then 8 gb is gonna be needed here.
I edited my post for more information.
OK after looking again the 8100 has no turbo boost speed.

Mxares

Commendable
Feb 3, 2021
Your CPU is not turboing up probably heat related and a single stick of memory hurts the performance. Or windows power plan settings.

Your CPU limits the FPS, GPU is more or less just in game settings it will only do what the CPU can provide it to use.

If your video card can do X amount of FPS with your settings but the CPU can only provide 1/2 that amount of FPS then the card will run in the 50% area.
But shouldnt the CPU be working at around 90% not at 50%? I tried it in a hevier game right now and i could reach 90%+ GPU usage with pritty low CPU usage meaning cpu is not bottlenecking it i hope.

TRENDING THREADS