GPU is not using fully potential (GTX 960)

harryduran3

Commendable
Dec 13, 2017
Hello guys, I have been playing some games like rainbow six siege, Assasins creed en more games like that. But my problem is that all the games like rainbow six on medium with avarage 50-60 FPS, but my friends are saying that the gtx 960 can play gta 5 on 60 fps. So i think there's someting wrong with my PC. And I play arma 2 also on 30-40 fps avarage.

AMD Athlon (tm) X4 860k Quad Core Prosessor. with 8 gb of ram
And of course the Nvidia GTX 960
MSI GRENADE A68HM

Lots of people say that my CPU and Motherboard are too weak to handle my GPU. Is that the truth? And if so yes, what kind of CPU and Motherboards do you guys recommend for my PC?

Solution
Your friends are correct. Your CPU is pretty weak. I'd advise moving up the at least an Ryzen 5 1600 or 1600x with a B350 motherboard from ASUS, MSI, or Gigabyte. If you can afford it you can also get an Intel system but it'll cost more than AMD.

Insomniac Jack

Respectable
Mar 22, 2016
Your friends are correct. Your CPU is pretty weak. I'd advise moving up the at least an Ryzen 5 1600 or 1600x with a B350 motherboard from ASUS, MSI, or Gigabyte. If you can afford it you can also get an Intel system but it'll cost more than AMD.

Solution

harryduran3

Commendable
Dec 13, 2017
So those two are good enough for my PC?
And if I cannge the motherboard, do i need to install windows 10 and those other programs back?
Because lots of people told me that.

Insomniac Jack

Respectable
Mar 22, 2016
It's best practice to re install windows 10 to avoid driver conflicts. Some times you can change all those things and get away with it but most of the time all of the old drivers don't get uninstalled and can cause some pretty bad issues. Yes those 2 CPU's are would be a major step up from what you have now but like I said above you'll need a new motherboard and RAM to install it into. The great part about going with AMD right now is that they will be releasing new CPU's for your motherboard until 2020 so you'll have a good upgrade path for the future.