Question GPU is working but screen is black and freeze

tapdig

Commendable
Jun 16, 2019
Suddenly screen became black. I shut down pc and it still the same. I thought it is about Windows(?). I scanned disk and format. I opened in safe mood. I removed the rams, reset the bios but it didn’t help. I thought it is hardware and i attached the video card to second PCI slot. It opened. (It opened after format but, when i install video driver, it became black screen again interestingly.)Both of slots are the same condition. I am thinking it is about motherboard but i am doubtful. Video card defect must be the problem too. Now, the problem is from PCI slots or my video card? How can i test PCl slots? How can i learn video card is defected or not? I have not another video card or motherboard. GPU-z shows me that video card is attached and system information too. Video card is working but it doesn’t display.
  • Gigabyte GA B85 HD3
  • Asus R7 265
  • i5 4460

tapdig

Commendable
Jun 16, 2019
make and model of the psu?
safemode don't need much to run. could be gpu or psu issue
check gpu temp?

Thermaltake LitePower 550w

Gpu temp is ok. I tried it today on my friend's computer. the result is the same. When the pc power on it came up the display but then freeze again. (sorry my english btw it's not my main language)

TRENDING THREADS