[SOLVED] Gpu isnt working anymore. code 43 on device manager

Apr 1, 2020
Hello, after changing thermal paste and cleaning everything for the summer my gpu isnt working ... one of the screws that hold the cooler was eaten away so i cant unscrew it anymore {its a bit too tight now} and i receive error 43 when i check it on the device manager of win 10 https://mathiashueber.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/error-code-43.png exactly like this
The fans spins but i dont receive video signal, already performed a bios reset, windows clean install, drivers reinstall with ddu, changing pci ports.. i dont know whats left to check?? maybe i screwed the coller to tight and some circuit got desoldered?

Gpu evga 1060 6gb
MB asus h170 pro gaming
CPU i7 7700

Last edited:
Solution
Yeah you damaged something. Code 43 is a general error for a device not working so as to what broke it wont say.

You really really need to be careful taking apart and putting back together GPUs as they are not really meant to be. Also there are usually no torque protection like a CPU cooler for the mounting screws since at the factory they use torque drivers preset to a specific inch pounds.
Yeah you damaged something. Code 43 is a general error for a device not working so as to what broke it wont say.

You really really need to be careful taking apart and putting back together GPUs as they are not really meant to be. Also there are usually no torque protection like a CPU cooler for the mounting screws since at the factory they use torque drivers preset to a specific inch pounds.

Reactions: Niky sham
Solution
Apr 1, 2020
Thanks for the reply ill try to dissasemble it and use the oven trick to see if the circuit can solder itself or if i can find one send it to a tehnician (idk what kind of technician repair gpu but ill try to find one )

Apr 1, 2020
After some testing i got it to show in gpu z... still no video and it seems that at least a part of the gpu is dead... i guess its time for a replacement since im not technician and i have no warranty

7f9.png

Apr 1, 2020
MB/ Asus h170 pro gaming {updated bios to last version}

Gpu/ asus gtx 1060 6gb

Cpu/ i7 7700

Already updated everything i could, it was working fine until i tried to change the thermal paste of the gpu, when i tried to put back all together the gpu stopped giving video output and basically stopped working, now im using the integrated graphic card.

The gpu is out of warranty and i cant find someone that repairs gpus in my country.

7f9.png

Last edited:
MB/ Asus h170 pro gaming {updated bios to last version}

Gpu/ asus gtx 1060 6gb

Cpu/ i7 7700

Already updated everything i could, it was working fine until i tried to change the thermal paste of the gpu, when i tried to put back all together the gpu stopped giving video output and basically stopped working, now im using the integrated graphic card.

The gpu is out of warranty and i cant find someone that repairs gpus in my country.

7f9.png
It looks like the vBios is dead or blank. I hope it is static electricity discharge that rendered the ic blank. Send some close pictures of the back of the card. I might have a donor card for you in my junk.
Edit: How far are you from the US?

Last edited:
Reactions: Niky sham
I confirm to have a 1060 card for parts, GP106 PG410 SKU 30, might be a donor for yours (or yours might be a donor for this one), my card has one shot voltage regulator and probably a few logical elements to be replaced (GPU, Memory and GPU/Memory VRMs are good), let me know how it goes :)