Question GPU issue, Driver issue or MOBO issue?

Doradz

Reputable
May 11, 2017
I have a GTX 1050 ti for testing its good card i’ve tested it on multiple PC’s and it works like charm. Whats weird is that when i plug it on my own PC and while installing the drivers the PC then hangs after the graphics driver is installed and does a restart loop. But when the PC is on Safe Mode and Installed the drivers through safe mode the PC runs smooth on safe mode Only, it doesn’t boot to desktop when the drivers are installed running the PC on normal boot. I had reformatted my PC twice already because of this and i tried to put other GPU in it and it does work great when installing drivers and all.

D

Deleted member 1272431

I'm sorry, I'm missing something here.
You say that without that GPU the PC runs smoothly? Also in safe mode with the GPU, correct?

D

Deleted member 1272431

Safe mode might be enabling low res and your PC being able to boot as a consequence.
Also, I'm not sure wether the GPU is the issue here as much as the drivers. Have you tried installing drivers from the device manager panel or, in case that does not work, downloading either the NVIDIA software for driver download (as opposed to direct driver download) or an older version of the driver and see where that gets you?

Doradz

Reputable
May 11, 2017
Safe mode might be enabling low res and your PC being able to boot as a consequence.
Also, I'm not sure wether the GPU is the issue here as much as the drivers. Have you tried installing drivers from the device manager panel or, in case that does not work, downloading either the NVIDIA software for driver download (as opposed to direct driver download) or an older version of the driver and see where that gets you?

I actually tried installing old version of the driver and while it was on ‘installing graphics driver’ about 40secs it hanged up and restarted.

With the windows update it happened also, the windows update automatically downloaded drivers for the card and the PC crash after the resolution changed and restart loop happened, so basically installing the drivers via windows update still crashes the pc.

Also tried it with geforce experience no luck. mehn this is so sad :((

D

Deleted member 1272431

I actually tried installing old version of the driver and while it was on ‘installing graphics driver’ about 40secs it hanged up and restarted.

With the windows update it happened also, the windows update automatically downloaded drivers for the card and the PC crash after the resolution changed and restart loop happened, so basically installing the drivers via windows update still crashes the pc.

Also tried it with geforce experience no luck. mehn this is so sad :((

Check if Windows update occurred sometime around when you started experiencing the crash (you might have time to reverse to a previous build).
Also, check drivers with Device Manager (not Windows Update). Before doing that or trying to install via Nvidia control panel, clean up previously installed drivers.
Finally, you did not install any other software around that time that might be causing issues with the GPU?

Doradz

Reputable
May 11, 2017
Check if Windows update occurred sometime around when you started experiencing the crash (you might have time to reverse to a previous build).
Also, check drivers with Device Manager (not Windows Update). Before doing that or trying to install via Nvidia control panel, clean up previously installed drivers.
Finally, you did not install any other software around that time that might be causing issues with the GPU?

I actually did reformat my whole PC, as of now im even doing it for the 4rth time huhu i even cleaned my pcei slot, pardon me for saying ‘windows update’ thing i just said it because everytime i do a clean uninstallation of everything related to the GPU. moments later after the uninstallation of all then restart then on again after how many minutes idle the resolution automatically changes(it appears that windows automatically installed the drivers on its own) and my PC just freezes then turns off then restarts and start of the restart loop, and that restart loop only gets me to the welcome screen and then poof it freezes then restarts the PC again and welcome screen then freezes then restarts all over. I even tried turning my internet off so that it wont auto install drivers and all, so that it will also give me the opportunity to install old drivers but mehn everytime i get into the ‘installing graphics driver’ part and about 10-20 secs give or take the PC freezes then it restarts then on the process of restarting it wont reach the desktop only the welcome screen then it turns off. btw sorry for my bad english im fixing pc’s right now and at the same time i have major depression that affects likely everything in me. so sorry :((.

D

Deleted member 1272431

No worries sorry it seems I’m not being of much help.
How about running the OS from the mobo integrated video out and installing the drivers and only then plugging the GPU back in?

Just trying at this point. We have excluded PSU and the GPU itself being faulty, so I’m still going down the driver issue, even though I’ve never heard of the hole system shutting down and restarting by itself for driver issues...

D

Deleted member 1272431

ooohh is that possible? like Installing the GPU drivers first then plugging the GPU afterwards?

oh mehn you actually helping me and its fine, we both trying hehe Much appreciate it, will update you when theres progress hehe

Well sure you can install the driver and see where that gets you, at a certain point it will look for the card, then install it.
Let me know, I'm curious to see where this goes.

Doradz

Reputable
May 11, 2017
Well sure you can install the driver and see where that gets you, at a certain point it will look for the card, then install it.
Let me know, I'm curious to see where this goes.

well i did what you said, so i unplug the gpu and tried to install the drivers without it and it didnt work ‘It just said ‘This Nvidia graphics Driver is not compatible with this version of Windows’ (which is weird because i use w10 pro 64bit) and ‘This Graphics driver could not find compatible Graphics Hardware.’(maybe because the gpu is unplugged?)

D

Deleted member 1272431

well i did what you said, so i unplug the gpu and tried to install the drivers without it and it didnt work ‘It just said ‘This Nvidia graphics Driver is not compatible with this version of Windows’ (which is weird because i use w10 pro 64bit) and ‘This Graphics driver could not find compatible Graphics Hardware.’(maybe because the gpu is unplugged?)

Was worth trying.
what do you see just plugging the card in and going to device manager?
Have you tested the PCI slot with another card?

Doradz

Reputable
May 11, 2017
Was worth trying.
what do you see just plugging the card in and going to device manager?
Have you tested the PCI slot with another card?

so i manage to do something idk but i did manage to get to boot my pc with gpu. so what i did was Uninstall everything in Safemode DDU, after that i booted the pc without the GPU and then installed all updates and drivers for windows and then after all was set and done. i plugged in the GPU, and i looked through device manager and the GPU wasn’t on display adapters, so what i did i ran ‘check for updates’ and it installed the gpu driver, it worked and it didn’t hang/freeze after how many seconds after install. So i tried to play games on it, it was weird because i tried to open my battle.net client and it(thescreen) turned black and then it came back(i think the driver crashed) then i noticed when i tried to run my games it was so laggy and its weird i used to play those games with no lags and those games can be played 60fps with the gpu. Im still going to test another GPU in it though. Thanks again btw, ill update you later!

Doradz

Reputable
May 11, 2017
Anyways, I think its time to conclude that its the Motherboard that has the issue :((, I plugged in the card and it black screens for
like 10-20 secs before it boots the mobo logo but without the gpu it just boots great and fast, i think pcie slot is gg. Thanks for the help mehn :(( much appreciate it!!