Question GPU issue, general system issue or other?

Oct 5, 2021
RX570 Driver Timeouts, lots of troubleshooting done but still no better. Any help is appreciated.

Computer Type: Desktop

GPU: MSI RX 570 8GB OC Edition
CPU: RYZEN 5 1600X 6 CORE 12 THREADS (Wraith Cooler)
Motherboard: MSI B350 Gaming Plus (7A34vMHR )
RAM: 16GB (2x8) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR-4 2400MHZ CL16
PSU: NZXT C650 80+ Gold
Operating System & Version: WINDOWS 10 PRO 19043

GPU Drivers: Adrenalin Driver Version: 21.8.2

Description of Original Problem: Constant GPU display driver timeouts. No joke it has been constant for the past 3 years when I built this thing! It could instantly be on a cold boot, using a browser, gaming, or it would work fine but left to idle for 10 minutes would cause the issue. Some nights I will be able to get in a few hours gaming without any issues but when I stop the timeouts will begin...

Troubleshooting: Multiple drivers, using DDU every time, and all the suggestions I can find. The card was replaced within the first 3 months when I bought it and sent back for RMA about 6 months ago and still nothing changes. I have swapped the PSU (I did it in 2020 to test but recently I upgraded from a Corsair CX650M bronze to the NZXT gold) and RAM but no luck and also applied fresh thermal paste to the GPU (& CPU) about 2 months ago. I tried using just the GPU driver without the Adrenaline software, didn't help. Windows Memory Diagnostic multiple times but found no errors... I have tried under/overclocking and can get it stable but the timeout still occur.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm at my wits end with this with no hope to build again in the near future so it would be nice to enjoy what I have... I hope what I have written is legible...

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Corsair is the brand of the PSU while Bronze is it's 80+ efficiency rating, it doesn't state the model of the unit, from Corsair's portfolio. How old was the prior unit? As for the drivers, you're advised to install the latest drivers after using DDU. When installing the drivers, make sure to install them in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. To note, did you manually install all relevant drivers for your platform in the same elevated command?

Which slots are the rams populating on the motherboard?

Oct 5, 2021
Thanks for the reply.

Corsair is the brand of the PSU while Bronze is it's 80+ efficiency rating, it doesn't state the model of the unit, from Corsair's portfolio.

It was a CX650M if that's what you're asking? It was new from when I built the PC in 2019.

So far I have been using DDU every time and installing all drivers manually with admin rights. I seemed to have more timeouts on the 21.9.2 driver so I am currently on 21.8.2.

The ram is in the A2 & B2 slots. I have tried them in the alternate too but didn't seem to help.

Oct 5, 2021
So yesterday I reinstalled Windows 10 for a fresh start and kept everything simple (GPU/Chipset drivers, lets Windows update itself, installed a few games & programs etc) to see what would happen and "test" the system but nothing changed. Still having lots of driver timeout errors.

Oct 5, 2021
I have a final update.

The one main thing I haven't done so far is swap the GPU out to see what happens. So I managed to get a hold of a Galax GTX 970 OC for cheap and it's been 3 days now and zero issues so far. Man it feels good to not stress over it anymore!

I find it hard to believe that the MSI RX570 OC 8GB is so terrible but it certainly seems that way! It was replaced once by the retailer and sent for repair to MSI but it was still complete garbage...

Thank you to anyone who had suggestions and tried to help.