Question GPU issue? Happened after i swapped some power cables

D

Deleted member 362816

EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G3, 80 Plus Gold 850W, Fully Modular, Eco Mode with New HDB Fan, 10 Year Warranty, Includes Power ON Self Tester, Compact 150mm Size, Power Supply 220-G3-0850-X1

Are you using 2 different power cables to the GPU or one that has 2 connectors on it? If you are using one cable make sure the first plug is in the first slot to the right and second to the back. That being said it's a 3080 that is known for power spikes etc and the G3 units were pretty bad compared to the g2. 2 power cables is recommended vs 1 with piggy back.

shadezkyle

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2012
Are you using 2 different power cables to the GPU or one that has 2 connectors on it? If you are using one cable make sure the first plug is in the first slot to the right and second to the back. That being said it's a 3080 that is known for power spikes etc and the G3 units were pretty bad compared to the g2. 2 power cables is recommended vs 1 with piggy back.

Yea im using two cables on two of the 3 slots on the GPU

so one of them is connected to two slots

D

Deleted member 362816

I would download DDU and put the drivers back in and see if that stops the issues. If that does not stop the issues I would say the issue lies in the power supply.

Make sure to test all of this with only one monitor plugged in.

D

Deleted member 362816

so one of them is connected to two slots

Just make sure from left to right you have the single plug in the first slot, on the second slot the 2nd plug and piggy back in the 3rd

TRENDING THREADS