Question GPU issues after driver updates

Jan 23, 2022
Hi there!

I just built a new rig with a friend and when we updated the drivers for my gigabyte 3080 ti, my pc becomes laggy, doing things like changing the resolution will restart the pc everytime, i get extremely low fps. I've re-seated the vertical riser on both sides and fixed the ram but nothing. Changing my display port version on my monitor also restarts the pc. The gpu worked after i reseated it one time but after I rebooted the computer it just started to mess up again.

Specs:

Gigabyte 3080 TI
Corsair Vengeance 32GB Ram - 3200 MHZ
Z590A Asus Prime
ThermalTake Core P3 Case with vertical riser PCI 3.0
Nzxt Kraken z73 rgb
Corsair 850 W Power supply cp9020188 na
LG 27GN950-B 4k 144z monitor

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2022
What kind of riser. PCI-e3.0 or PCI-e4.0?

Don't exsist. It's Z390, 490, 590 or 690.

Brand and model?

What exact model and at what speed does it run?
Hey there! I've just updated my specs my apologies. Btw, i just moved the riser cable to the second pcie port and now it works fine? It was in the first pcie port, didnt work. Then we moved it to the second one below and it magically works fine. The riser cable is PCIE 3. I ordered a PCIE 4 as i heard that'll be better for my gpu

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2022
What kind of riser. PCI-e3.0 or PCI-e4.0?

Don't exsist. It's Z390, 490, 590 or 690.

Brand and model?

What exact model and at what speed does it run?
Hey there! I've just updated my specs my apologies. Btw, i just moved the riser cable to the second pcie port and now it works fine? It was in the first pcie port, didnt work. Then we moved it to the second one below and it magically works fine. The riser cable is PCIE 3. I ordered a PCIE 4 as i heard that'll be better for my gpu

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 14196

Roll back to non buggy drivers. Never install anything but the drivers don’t install the bloatware that comes with them because that was slow your way down