[SOLVED] GPU issues

lucasrahn09

Reputable
Aug 7, 2016
This is a issue stemming from a post by Murgyyy which was answered by ingtar33 https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/my-pc-restarts-when-i-open-or-play-any-pc-game.1503818/

I was recently reading one of the posts you replied to in 2013. The posters name was Murgyyy and I was having a very similar issue to him and just had a few questions. I am currently running a NVIDIA GTX 770 with an intel i5 3470. I did a couple of the your inital suggestions to Murgyyy then encountered an issue when i ran FurMark. My PC instantly shut down and then rebooted. So i used a software to remove all graphics drivers for any graphics card iv ever had then reinstalled them and no luck. Pulled out my graphics card installed the on board graphics drivers ran furmark with on board graphics and it worked. So i cleaned my graphics card and noticed that one of the two fans was slow on the spin compared to the other and didnt "bounce" back as much. When i booted it the next time with the graphics card in, the fan was still spinning, relatively slow to the other fan, but definitely still spinning. Tried removing all drivers again and installing new ones and my PC crashed when furmark was run. So I am wondering would one slow fan really cause this issue? And its not like it crashes after a while of furmark running, it crashes instantly. So I would suspect its not crashing as a result of overheating.

Intel Core i5 3470
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 770 Graphics
16 GB DDR3 G.Skill Ram
MSI B75MA-E33 Motherboard (mini)
Thermaltake TR2 600W ATX 12V 2.3 Power Supply

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Solution

This PSU might be the culprit. The Thermaltake TR2 power supply is a VERY poor/inferior quality model, and they all have had bad reputation in the past as well. Don't ask why, but I've read many horror stories regrading this TR2 Model.

Not recommended for GAMING PCs. Replace this PSU ASAP. That's a very low-end TIER power supply.

This PSU might be the culprit. The Thermaltake TR2 power supply is a VERY poor/inferior quality model, and they all have had bad reputation in the past as well. Don't ask why, but I've read many horror stories regrading this TR2 Model.

Not recommended for GAMING PCs. Replace this PSU ASAP. That's a very low-end TIER power supply.

Last edited:
Solution

TRENDING THREADS