GPU keeps crashing

Sep 12, 2018
Hi,

I bought this PC quite recently (only 2 weeks old as of today) and already encountering a problem with it, my graphics card in particular.

Here's my specs before anything:
Proc: Intel i5 8400
Mobo: Asus PRime B360M A
Ram: 1 stick Team Elite Plus DDR4 8GB
SSD: WD m.2 120gb
Psu: Seasonic S12 II 520 Bronze
GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1060 OC
For cooling, I only use the processors stock cooler and case fans.

Okay, so basically my GPU crashes whenever I play games (let's just say at the highest presets) and my GPU temps reaches 70c+ degrees. I did a bit of research and found out that shouldn't be an issue. Anyway, whenever the problem occurs (which is very often) my PC will boot up without a graphics card, or sometimes would not boot up at all with my screen showing "please power down and connect the pcie". A round or two of switching on and off usually fixes the booting issue but but I'm worried with the constant crashing that my hardware will "die". I'm fairly new with PC technology so I did a bit of reading and most of the diagnosis I found is that either my PC is full of dust or I have a bad power supply. The first one is obviously out of the question because I only had the system for two weeks, plus I checked. So do I have a bad power supply? Or are there any other factors?

PS. I have the latest drivers.

Update: Also it is good to note that whenever my PC crashes (Black out) the GPU's fans will start to spin REALLY fast like the fastest possible.

Thank you all!

Solution
Usually the message "connect PCIe power" means the PSU is not sending enough or any power to the GPU. That PSU is decent and should work in your set-up. I'd make sure they have the correct wires plugged into the GPU. Make sure the card is fully seated in its slot.

Did you build or buy this PC? I'm not sure why the 1 stick of RAM.
Usually the message "connect PCIe power" means the PSU is not sending enough or any power to the GPU. That PSU is decent and should work in your set-up. I'd make sure they have the correct wires plugged into the GPU. Make sure the card is fully seated in its slot.

Did you build or buy this PC? I'm not sure why the 1 stick of RAM.

Solution
Sep 12, 2018

Thanks for the answer. It's night time now where I'm at so I'll look into this tomorrow morning.
I had a friend pick the parts for me. The store where I bought the parts built the pc.

You think having 1 stick of RAM is a factor too?