Question GPU keeps freezing and hardware reserved RAM is too much

Emircan

Honorable
Jan 7, 2016
Hey everyone! I am in a rather odd situation; my GPU keeps crashing and forcing me to restart the PC from the power button. I have minimal knowledge of computers in general, but I thought it was from the RAM that has to be dedicated to my GPU. When I open up my task manager, I am seeing a lot of load on my RAM. When I further examined the situation, it appeared that my PC was dedicating A LOT of RAM as you can see from the below screenshot:

w6RqWX.png

and...

CXcHeQ.png

Now I am pretty sure that 8244 RAM is overkill. And I am not able to use my PC with just 3.9 RAM. My conclusion is that this RAM dedication is related is to my GPU freezes. Because it can anytime freeze itself while having an 8 GB RAM (it normally has 8/12 RAM, do not know why) and works just fine/won't freeze while having only 3.9 RAM. Sometimes while having a normal amount of RAM (8 GB), it works fine and won't crash for a few days, of course until inevitably doing so. So, anything on your minds? Thanks in advance.

My specs are:
AMD fx 8350 eight-core processor as CPU
AMD RX 580 as GPU
MSI 970 GAMING as the motherboard
12 GB DDR3 RAM
Corsair CX 750M grey label as PSU

Emircan

Honorable
Jan 7, 2016
Versions not the same.
V22.4 and M.4

Be extra careful with BIOS update procedure. Flashing wrong BIOS will brick your motherboard.
Uhh, if you are particularly highlighting the importance of the compatible BIOS with my motherboard, can you please confirm the right one? As you can see from the pictures above, you know my motherboard. It is MSI 970 GAMING (MS-7693). I am guessing is that the first one on this site is the true one? https://tr.msi.com/Motherboard/support/970-GAMING

TRENDING THREADS