GPU lags randomly

PahiSsOnNi

Reputable
Jul 11, 2014
Hi!

Problem is that, GPU works randomly. Sometimes it gives 300fps on cs go and sometimes 10-20fps (other games aswell).. I contacted to AMD and they thought it could be software issue. GPU lag is quite random: if i boot up my PC, the GPU may lag or may not. Only thing that have worked is to reboot my PC (i may need to do it more than one time).

Specs:

-Radeon R9 290X Direct CU II OC

-Intel Xeon E3-1231v3 4x 3.40GHz

-8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 DIMM

-Gigabyte GA-H97M-HD3 Intel H97 So.1150 Dual Channel DDR3

-EVGA Supernova G2 750w

-Windows 8.1

I have tried:
-updated and reinstalled GPU latest drivers
-reinstalled windows
-reset and updated bios

Also not high temperatures or overclocked.

Try reseating, the graphics card in the pcie slot, and if that doesn't work then try another pcie slot.

And if that doesn't work then try installing msi afterburner or any gpu oc utility and try underclocking or overclocking the GPU a little. This might give you an idea of what might be causing it.

Also, how's the PSU? It is giving the gpu enough power?

PahiSsOnNi

Reputable
Jul 11, 2014
Thanks for the reply!

I tried reseating and it didn't work.

I don't have another PCI-E slot. I overclocked GPU little with ASUS GPU Tweak. How could i get an idea of what might be causing it from oveclocking?

It really might have something to do with power. Because when my GPU lags, then all my audio crackles (front panel, mobo, hdmi). But my ASUS GPU Tweak monitor shows everything should be fine with power.

Also my GPU cant render black right, it gives these strange darker black lines.

Now I'm thinking the card is bad, you might need to send it back to asus and either see if they can fix it or get a new one.