[SOLVED] GPU leds power on and off rapidly before going into bios

Sep 25, 2020
I bought a palit 2060super dual and when I open my pc the leds on the card flickering, is that normal behavior ? because it works just fine once it shows the motherboard logo and while using the computer everything seems to be normal

pc specs:

Ryzen 5 3600
B450 mortar
palit 2060 super dual
16gb team elite ram
bequiet pure power 11cm 700 gold

Solution
My Radeon vii has a light in it too. If it was flickering then my guess is that there's something wrong with the led/s. I'm not sure whether it'd be the led or the power to it.
I think you'd have to open it up to have a look.
Either that or just cover it up.
Sep 25, 2020
Hqave you tried using Geforce Experience (LED visualisation) - maybe try turning the LEDs off.
No, I haven't tried that yet, I can't see how to change LEDs using geforce experience too, I can turn the light off with thundermaster and try if it does not flicker at startup anymore, it really just worries me.

Do you mean the RGB
View: https://youtu.be/_lxQQx5cHno?t=128

or a single LED on the card next to the power connection cable?
My card isn't really rgb too, there is just a white LED bar on tha card that lights up when powered on, the flickering only happens during startup though

Last edited:

SteveRX4

Notable
BANNED
Sep 29, 2020
My Radeon vii has a light in it too. If it was flickering then my guess is that there's something wrong with the led/s. I'm not sure whether it'd be the led or the power to it.

Solution
Sep 25, 2020
Oh ok so it might just be the Leds and not something about drivers or the power supply?