[SOLVED] GPU Lights up but not detected by system

Apr 22, 2021
Earlier today I was watching a YouTube video when my displays both cut to black. Nothing else seemed wrong with my system so I restarted it and got no display output again. I switched to the on-board graphics on my motherboard and tried to update drivers to no avail and tried to update windows but it was already up to date. I checked my system and confirmed that there was no GPU being detected so I shut it down and re-seated the GPU. Still nothing. I put the GPU into my brother's pc to see if it was some kind of issue with my motherboard/PSU and got more of the same. Lights on the GPU work, but no output and no detection from the system. What happened? I hope it's something I can try to fix on my own because there is absolutely no way I can afford to buy a graphics card after all the price increases because of bitcoin mining. I have a gtx 1070ti 8 gig card with a 9700k

Solution
Your GPU is not working in multiple systems. I think it moved on to GPU heaven. You might want to check in a third to make sure but I don't think it will work there either.

As for repairing it yourself, no offence but if you didn't know it was a failing/dead gpu, I doubt that you will know how to properly repair it. Usually needs some expertise and it's not something that can be done by anyone.
Your GPU is not working in multiple systems. I think it moved on to GPU heaven. You might want to check in a third to make sure but I don't think it will work there either.

As for repairing it yourself, no offence but if you didn't know it was a failing/dead gpu, I doubt that you will know how to properly repair it. Usually needs some expertise and it's not something that can be done by anyone.

Solution