Question GPU Liquid cooler.

Jan 6, 2020
So, I have a 2080ti and I noticed when I was playing some games the fans would run like a mad man. So, I bought a NZXT g12 mounting bracket and a NZXT Kraken x62 closed loop cooler. I installed it but the only downside is that instead of the GPU controlling the fans on the cooler, I had to plug the pump into a cha_fan header which makes the fans run off of the CPU temp (this was in a video I watched where the guy did the same thing). Now it runs super cool at just an amazingly cool temp of 29°c at idle. However, the fans are running at 2000+ RPM and I when I go into bios to change the speeds, nothing. The speeds stay the same.

Is there a way to lower the RPM?

Motherboard: Asus PRIME X470-pro

So, I have a 2080ti and I noticed when I was playing some games the fans would run like a mad man. So, I bought a NZXT g12 mounting bracket and a NZXT Kraken x62 closed loop cooler. I installed it but the only downside is that instead of the GPU controlling the fans on the cooler, I had to plug the pump into a cha_fan header which makes the fans run off of the CPU temp (this was in a video I watched where the guy did the same thing). Now it runs super cool at just an amazingly cool temp of 29°c at idle. However, the fans are running at 2000+ RPM and I when I go into bios to change the speeds, nothing. The speeds stay the same.

Is there a way to lower the RPM?

Motherboard: Asus PRIME X470-pro
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywgjTB-YqWM
he goes over it in this video if i remeber the correct one sorry looked at a few