Question GPU low clocks

Maq___

Honorable
Nov 15, 2015
Hello all,

my GPU is RX 550.When I play Battlefield 2 the GPU clocks fluctuate,they are not maxing out,and the GPU usage is low.

It is not a CPU bottleneck,because I play CPU intensive games, and the GPU is maxing out.

My other specs are:
Celeron G1820 and 8 GB RAM.

Please help me to resolve the issue.

Hello all,

my GPU is RX 550.When I play Battlefield 2 the GPU clocks fluctuate,they are not maxing out,and the GPU usage is low.

It is not a CPU bottleneck,because I play CPU intensive games, and the GPU is maxing out.

My other specs are:
Celeron G1820 and 8 GB RAM.

Please help me to resolve the issue.

What's the full name of the game?
Also, your logic is faulty in ruling out a CPU bottleneck. It very well could be a CPU bottleneck.

Reactions: spentshells

Maq___

Honorable
Nov 15, 2015
What's the full name of the game?
Also, your logic is faulty in ruling out a CPU bottleneck. It very well could be a CPU bottleneck.

The full name of the game is Battlefield 2,it is a game from 2005.

I think that is not a CPU bottleneck,because I play ArmA 3 which is a CPU demanding game,with the max GPU clocks ,without any issue.

ak195

Distinguished
If clocks fluctuating problem is from the start in Battlefield game then it means this game is not good optimized for that line of processor, set graphics settings according to your specs and then check it. ARMA 3 is better optimized with good and in-depth graphics settings.

Reactions: Maq___

Maq___

Honorable
Nov 15, 2015
If clocks fluctuating problem is from the start in Battlefield game then it means this game is not good optimized for that line of processor, set graphics settings according to your specs and then check it. ARMA 3 is better optimized with good and in-depth graphics settings.

I've played the same game on a Core 2 Quad Q8300 and Nvidia GT 520, and the game worked perfectly.

Battlefield 2 is also a very old game comparatively speaking to when the RX 550 was released. Also considering when the game was developed, it likely won't take advantage of any more than a single core. So chances are you are hitting a CPU bottleneck because the single core performance won't push any more frames out, and considering how stupid easy it likely is for the GPU to run the game, it's not going to be pushed hard on its standard settings.

Unless this is causing a performance issue, there's no problem here.

I mean, to put it in another way, I'm playing Yakuza 0. My video card can push out 120 FPS with mostly maxed out settings at 1440p and the card is probably like 50% utilized. Is this a problem? I don't see one because I'm already getting 120 FPS on mostly maxed out settings.

Maq___

Honorable
Nov 15, 2015
Battlefield 2 is also a very old game comparatively speaking to when the RX 550 was released. Also considering when the game was developed, it likely won't take advantage of any more than a single core. So chances are you are hitting a CPU bottleneck because the single core performance won't push any more frames out, and considering how stupid easy it likely is for the GPU to run the game, it's not going to be pushed hard on its standard settings.

Unless this is causing a performance issue, there's no problem here.

I mean, to put it in another way, I'm playing Yakuza 0. My video card can push out 120 FPS with mostly maxed out settings at 1440p and the card is probably like 50% utilized. Is this a problem? I don't see one because I'm already getting 120 FPS on mostly maxed out settings.

It is causing performance issue,low FPS and stuttering.

Should I set something in the AMD Radeon Adrenalin software settings?

Maq___

Honorable
Nov 15, 2015
Can you run a userbenchmark and post the link to the results here?

Is your issue visible only with battlefield 2 or is it happening with other games as well?
The issue is only visible with Battlefield 2,I play ArmA 3 with the clocks maxed out,without fluctuation.

Which benchmark would you reccommend to me I use?

TRENDING THREADS