Question GPU major decrease in performance

Mar 29, 2022
RTX 2060.
I have cleaned my pc of viruses and what not and my pc has really decreased in performance a game called foxhole that I ran on ultra graphics can now only be in medium even though my GPU should perfectly handle ultra I know this because I had a 2 month pause on this game and then noticed the performance issues of my GPU and it used to handle Ultra smoothly 0 lag spikes or drop in fps. Now it's cannot even do that has decreased performance in anything I play and it was perfectly fine 2 months earlier but now it's really dropped in performance to the point where it feels like I'm using a lower end GPU

16Gigs ram
i7-10750H
RTX 2060

Mar 29, 2022
Laptop(Not higher than normal temprature)
CPU:Intel R i7-10750H
Motherboard:Unknown
RAM:16gb
GPU:Geforce Nvidia RTX 2060
HDD:1tb
PSU: Laptop no idea how to check

tecmo34

Administrator
I have cleaned my pc of viruses and what not and my pc has really decreased in performance a game called foxhole
I would look here and start backwards. What did you do to clean the PC of the viruses? Are you running the latest drivers for the GPU and your laptop, as you may have uninstalled drivers for the card or something else that is imparting the performance.

Are you sure the viruses are gone and aren't still on the laptop, which can impact performance, as well??

Mar 29, 2022
I'm pretty sure it might not be viruses or a miner either as when I play games it specifically uses the GPU on that and there are no processes under the game using any of my GPU I didn't really have any virus I removed a bunch of useless files and the only virus was more like a software that made you pay for worthless antivirus that doesn't work. I never paid and I noticed it a while ago and removed it other than that no viruses my pc drivers are around 510-520 don't remember completely but I just updated my drivers a few days ago