Question GPU makes no signal, help

Jan 30, 2020
I have a gpu that I wanna connect to my pc. I insert the gpu in the motherboard and connect the pcie cable from the power supply, I turn the pc on and all the fans are spinning, no beeping from the computer and everything seems to work but when I turn on my monitor it gives no signal.

I have tried to disable the onboard graphics and then connecting my gpu, doesnt work. I tried to reset the battery on the motherboard and then plugging the gpu in, doesnt work. Now most advisers tell me to click F12 when the computer starts and all that but nothing appears on the monitor.

I have a dell optiplex 3020 with 6 gb ram,
500 wattage power supply from evga,
i5 4590 cpu,
500 gb hdd,
no ssd,

I have a cable to make a 24 pin atx connector an 8 pin to connect to the atx slot on the motherboard and the gpu Im dealing with is an rx 570 armor.

Theres no dual link dvi cable connected to the gpu, only thing connected to the gpu is the things I stated above. The pc works just fine without the gpu and I can use it.

I have tried to plug in the gpu when the system was running but nothing happened and when I restarted it, it gave no signal like usual. Now I wanna knowhow to fix this if its fixable or If i have to buy a new motherboard or connect a dual link dvi cable on the gpu, if thats the case I would like instructions how to do that.
Thanks.

I am very sorry for not being able to spell on some words Im really just dumb.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You will need to state the exact model for your 500W EVGA PSU. How old is it? Which form factor are you working with for that prebuilt Dell OptiPlex 3020? If you're on the MT, then the board has a proprietary connector, which leads me to ask how you're working with it in the first place...? Link to the power adapter?

As for power requirements, you're going to need at least a 550W brand new unit, reliably built to power that system with an RX570 in the system.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran