[SOLVED] Gpu makes system freezes

xJesserX

Reputable
Jul 6, 2019
so i have a gt 730 the 4gb ddr3 model ( i know its pretty old ) that recenty the fan wont spin till uh how can i say it ? help it move with a pen ? and when it spins sometimes it makes a loud noice and sometimes not my probelm is it was working fine with that fan problem till recently it makes my system ( windows 8.1 pro) freezes i cant move the mouse or do anyhting withot the blue screen of death and the cpu and case fans starts spinning loud like an airplane then pc shutdown when i remove it then i put it back and run stress test the temp reach 67c but nothing of that happen till after an hour or half of league gaming ( temp while in game 57-60c) right now im using thre integratted graphic card and it works fine no system freez .
today when i opened the gpu heatsink i foud the thermal paste dry nothing there my quastion is can i fix it by adding the thermal past or i cant cause of the fan ? and thanks
== pc sec ===
80ZdNpO.png

Last edited:
Solution
Just replace the thermal paste on the GPU, then put it back and boot the PC, after that you will know you fit it or not. If the PC will boot, you do fit it, otherwise the gt730 is gone forever.