Discussion GPU manufacturers personal tier list

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Here's my ranking:

L5axNVq.png

Note: my ranking is my personal opinion and not open for criticism. It is based on my personal preference (MSI) and knowledge of other brands. Haven't heard of Yeston, so, bottom of the barrel it is. Btw, EVGA isn't making GPUs anymore, but what they did make, were great GPUs.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
As far as build quality, I think that the FE cards and EVGA made some of the best. In particular with EVGA, even their lower tier cards felt 'sturdy'. MSI is among my favorite cards based almost entirely on looks. I was a huge fan of the Gaming X series of cards and they felt really nice as well. Some of their lower tier cards felt flimsy and low end. I had a 960 version of one of theirs that was about as sturdy as a cooked spaghetti noodle. Gigabyte has a lot of really cruddy looking and feeling cards, IMO.

There are a lot of cards in the lists above that I have no real experience with as far as ownership. I have handled a couple of Zotac, and they were all over the board. One of my first "real" gaming GPU was a Sapphire, and at the time I thought a lot of it. I came across it again recently as I was cleaning out the parts closet and my, what a basic card it was. I also had an XFX card early on, but it was flimsy like some plastic Chinese toy.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Here's my ranking:

L5axNVq.png

Note: my ranking is my personal opinion and not open for criticism. It is based on my personal preference (MSI) and knowledge of other brands. Haven't heard of Yeston, so, bottom of the barrel it is. Btw, EVGA isn't making GPUs anymore, but what they did make, were great GPUs.

Interesting... Why do you think Colorful belongs to the garbage tier? We have a local tech reviewer here which is also a big store here in my country, they were actually surprised that after selling lot of colorful they never had a problem on it to the point there was no returns for RMA. I am actually surprised too when I looked for Colorful users in reddit (local PCbuilding subreddit), they are happy with colorful, that made me put in Tier A as it is the most underrated card that I have ever seen. But before knowing that I categorize Colorful same as inno3D and Gainward.

Yeston are chinese brand famous for making waifu designs, that is becoming popular since it became available in my country. Jesus reviewed it.

Sad that EVGA is not making GPUs anymore, wish they just switched to AMD just like XFX. EVGA is not available in my country but have lot of respect on the brand as I recommend it here a lot.

Thanks for your tier list

As far as build quality, I think that the FE cards and EVGA made some of the best. In particular with EVGA, even their lower tier cards felt 'sturdy'. MSI is among my favorite cards based almost entirely on looks. I was a huge fan of the Gaming X series of cards and they felt really nice as well. Some of their lower tier cards felt flimsy and low end. I had a 960 version of one of theirs that was about as sturdy as a cooked spaghetti noodle. Gigabyte has a lot of really cruddy looking and feeling cards, IMO.

There are a lot of cards in the lists above that I have no real experience with as far as ownership. I have handled a couple of Zotac, and they were all over the board. One of my first "real" gaming GPU was a Sapphire, and at the time I thought a lot of it. I came across it again recently as I was cleaning out the parts closet and my, what a basic card it was. I also had an XFX card early on, but it was flimsy like some plastic Chinese toy.

Where do you think Zotac belongs to the tier? I had also 2 Zotacs 750ti, and 1050ti mini. Zotac has very good pricing. My first GPU was His radeon HD 77** ish (forgot already). Luckily all my cards worked well and never had a problem, used them well til I sold each of them

5900x

Commendable
Aug 18, 2021
In my experience:

Nvidia chipset - EVGA, Asus. Everything else is garbage (I would put MSI inbetween somewhere but it has terrible after sales support in my region)

AMD chipset - All are good.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Interesting... Why do you think Colorful belongs to the garbage tier? We have a local tech reviewer here which is also a big store here in my country, they were actually surprised that after selling lot of colorful they never had a problem on it to the point there was no returns for RMA. I am actually surprised too when I looked for Colorful users in reddit (local PCbuilding subreddit), they are happy with colorful, that made me put in Tier A as it is the most underrated card that I have ever seen. But before knowing that I categorize Colorful same as inno3D and Gainward.

Colorful isn't known for making good GPUs. It is known to make poor and cheap GPUs.
For example, here's RTX 3070 comparison and tear down, between Colorful and EVGA;

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC2Sk-B60qg

Later on, MSI and Asus RTX 3070, including Nvidia FE, are also included in the results.

The idea of getting AIB card over Nvidia FE card, is to get better power delivery and cooling, than on Nvidia FE. Colorful, on the other hand, does far worse in terms of cooling than Nvidia FE, and is also a lot noisier. So, why on earth would someone pay more for a worse GPU? Might as well go with Nvidia FE card then. Costs less, while having better thermals and noise.

Yeston are chinese brand famous for making waifu designs, that is becoming popular since it became available in my country. Jesus reviewed it.

I didn't recall the Yetson brand, but i've seen that video from Steve.

Now, any product where emphasis is on looks, rather than the actual performance it must do (even Steve said Yetson GPU falls short on thermals), isn't something i'd even look at. I look at performance 1st. Eyecandy is negligible. And since Yeston is localized brand (only in China), there's no point for me to even consider it (i don't live in China).

Also, by the looks of it, Yeston doesn't improve their GPUs either. The very same Sakura that was seen a year ago on RX 6700XT, is also slapped on to RX 6800,
link: http://www.yeston.net/product/details/283/331
and RTX 3070 as well,
link: http://www.yeston.net/product/details/282/334

This Sakura version is the only RTX 3070 from the whole RTX 30-series lineup they offer. No RTX 3060, 3080 etc. And they only offer one RTX 20-series GPU as well, RTX 2060. Where's 2070? 2080?

So, a "brand", if to call them as such, who releases GPU or two per series, IMO, is best avoided. It's clear that they don't take it seriously (making GPUs). Browsing around their webpage shows other "designs". Mostly bland regarding Nvidia GPUs. A bit more effort is seen with Radeon GPUs.