[SOLVED] GPU Maxing Out On Most Games Since Installing Windows 10

May 5, 2020
Hey,

so I recently upgrade my main hard drive to an NVMe SSD 970 Evo plus as well as 32gb of Vengeance RGP Pro Ram. With that, I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1. Ever since then my GPU has been constantly hitting 100% load on about 99% of games even on the main menu of said game. For example, when I play Rome 2 my GPU hits 100% on the main menu, and then when I load into the campaign it stays at 95-100%.

for the past 2 years, I have had this GPU and this has never been an issue.

GPU - GeForce 1070 TI
CPU - Intel I7 - 8700k CPU
Mobo - z370 Aorus ultra gaming

I am on the latest nvider drivers and have reverted to a previous version but that made no difference.
The only game that seems to not max out my GPU is call of duty warzone and mount and blade bannerlords.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what my problem could be, or is my GPU just dead?

Thanks

Solution
Honestly sounds quite normal to me. Especially in your main menu situation when vsync is off, the GPU likes to go crazy and push very high frames. Mine does this as well and as long as your GPU isn’t going crazy when you’re at idle, I think you’re fine, especially with those temps.
May 5, 2020
Rome 2, for example, I am gett 220 fps in the main menu at 96/100 load on my GPU
In the campaign, I am getting 55 to 60 and my GPU is at 99 %load

I need to open up my PC to see my psu but will do that when I can

Thanks

johnsoner13

Respectable
Honestly sounds quite normal to me. Especially in your main menu situation when vsync is off, the GPU likes to go crazy and push very high frames. Mine does this as well and as long as your GPU isn’t going crazy when you’re at idle, I think you’re fine, especially with those temps.

Solution