Question GPU memory lessened after driver update.

Mar 3, 2019
Hi!, I have an Quadro 410 graphics card from 2012, It has 512mb of dedicated memory, this gpu usually works fine in basic processes, It also has adequate low-end gaming performance in old games

The issue is, I upgraded from windows 7 to 8.1, At first drivers were not installed for my gpu, when I tried to install the drivers, It showed me an error message that the driver is installed, I found out that windows automatically installed the drivers for my gpu, though these drivers were not updated, I then tried to play a slightly old game (Call of Duty 1) the game froze and crashed, to the desktop, and I ended up getting too much contrast on the screen, this was fixed when I disabled the VGA driver, So I uninstalled the driver and did a fresh install of the updated driver, Then the contrast issue was fixed, So then for a few days, I played more demanding games like Arma 3, Call of Duty Black Ops 2, (On low settings), I started to notice that my game crashes a lot and starts to give me errors about low memory, I checked in the task manager the used memory while gaming was 2.6gb/4.0gb and page file was being used upto 7.5gb, Then I got the same errors when browsing the internet through Opera, I then increased the pagefile, but I still got the same errors, Then I opened the display adapter properties to notice that the dedicated memory is 448 mb instead of 512 mb,

Everything used to work fine in Win 7 x64,

What is the issue?

Specifications:

Intel® Core™ i5-2500 Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.70 GHz)

4GB DDR3 (single DIMM) 1333mhz

Nvidia Quadro 410 (driver version 418.81)

(p.s I know Quadro's are not for gaming)

(sorry for bad english)