[SOLVED] GPU Memory Problem

Sep 10, 2020
Hello, my GPU memory drops severely during game play. It normally runs at 7000 mhz, but then it will drop to 400 mhz. After a minute it fixes itself, but it randomly keeps happening. Some games do not have this problem. Any ideas or advice? thanks!

Laptop Dell G7 17 - 7700

Solution
Thanks, slashr. However I have a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB GDDR6, not the 1660 Ti. Whats a good mhz to set that to?

Also, the alienware command console controls my GPU memory. Will the MSI afterburner allow me to set the mhz and such?
You have a 2070 super chip not really a video card LT are different than a regular PC. Probably a heat issue with either the CPU or GPU.

MSI afterburner is not going to help.

I would try a cooling pad and of course have the LT battery plug connected.

Sep 10, 2020
Thanks, slashr. However I have a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB GDDR6, not the 1660 Ti. Whats a good mhz to set that to?

Also, the alienware command console controls my GPU memory. Will the MSI afterburner allow me to set the mhz and such?

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador

You have a 2070 super chip not really a video card LT are different than a regular PC. Probably a heat issue with either the CPU or GPU.

MSI afterburner is not going to help.

I would try a cooling pad and of course have the LT battery plug connected.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS