Question Gpu memory speed downclocked itself

Jowala117

Commendable
Jan 12, 2021
I was playing a game earlier today and the power button on my pc was pressed when I booted back in, I noticed my gpu memory clock was 200mhz lower than it used to be I have a 3060 ti so it went from 7000mhz to 6800mhz.
This also affects my overclock its a +920 mhz oc which now results in a final speed of 7720mhz instead of 7920mhz.
I already Used ddu and reinstalled my drivers as well as made sure prefer maximum performance was on in NVidia control panel.

Do you have Discord running? I literally had the same issue this morning on my 3060. Took similar steps and nothing changed. I then caught the frequency drop 200Mhz as Discord launched. As soon as I closed it fully (not minimized to the task bar) clocks returned to normal. I disabled hardware acceleration and the overlay in Discord to no avail. For the time being I'm not using it on my gaming rig, and I filed a bug report with Discord.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Piperem

Piperem

Honorable
Mar 8, 2017
Do you have Discord running? I literally had the same issue this morning on my 3060. Took similar steps and nothing changed. I then caught the frequency drop 200Mhz as Discord launched. As soon as I closed it fully (not minimized to the task bar) clocks returned to normal. I disabled hardware acceleration and the overlay in Discord to no avail. For the time being I'm not using it on my gaming rig, and I filed a bug report with Discord.

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much!
So Discord has something to do with Nvidia drivers apparently...

Is this a new thing after a discord update?
I have Nvidia drivers 528.02, I don't want to try the new 528.24 yet.

Thank you so much!
So Discord has something to do with Nvidia drivers apparently...

Is this a new thing after a discord update?
I have Nvidia drivers 528.02, I don't want to try the new 528.24 yet.

It's new, I filed a bug report with them to which they responded, asking if there was a performance degradation. I ran several benchmarks showing there was a (small) regression as well as a DXdiag they had requested. I suggest anyone suffering this issue do the same in hopes it gets fixed.