Pc specs:
msi r7 370 gaming 2g
amd fx 4300
2x4g 1600mhz ram
112gb ssd
512gb hhd
cooler master aircooler
gsu n68 mobo

so while gaming my gpu performs quite bad lately, it used to work good but now not anymore. it's clocked at 1030mhz and that's the peak but the average clock speed is 500-600mhz and i notice the big fps drops while in game, how do i fix this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
What do the temperatures look like? Probably needs to be cleaned, thermal compound replaced, or the fan(s) have failed.

Beyond that, could be a power problem and you need to look at your power supply. Though usually you would be having other problems if the power supply was failing to deliver.

emilymurad74

Commendable
Aug 2, 2019
thermal paste on the gpu?? the fans seem to work fine at whatever speed i put them on.

temperatures say 58% when fans turned off which they somehow always are on 0% / off i just found out but when i turn them on the temps drop to 35 degrees. also i tried gaming with the fan on 100% but it didn't show any improvement except temperatures being lower.

what problems could show up if the psu is failing? because i feel like my pc is failing all together or that just might be me because it can't run games well.

i just found out the average ram clock speed is 600mhz while gaming when they're supposed to be 1600mhz.

Most modern GPUs don't spin the fans if the GPU temp is below 55-60C. That preserves the fan bearings.

What's your question about thermal paste? Its the same concept as a CPU cooler. You've got the chip, thermal paste, and a heatsink. You can remove the heatsink from most GPUs by unscrewing the 4 screws around the chip (roughly center of card). Clean off the old paste by scraping it off with a credit card, then wiping clean with a paper towel whetted with rubbing alcohol. You apply about half as much thermal paste on a GPU as you do on a CPU (roughly 1/2 the size of a grain of rice).

So is BOTH your VRAM and GPU core clock speeds 600MHz?

emilymurad74

Commendable
Aug 2, 2019
Most modern GPUs don't spin the fans if the GPU temp is below 55-60C. That preserves the fan bearings.

What's your question about thermal paste? Its the same concept as a CPU cooler. You've got the chip, thermal paste, and a heatsink. You can remove the heatsink from most GPUs by unscrewing the 4 screws around the chip (roughly center of card). Clean off the old paste by scraping it off with a credit card, then wiping clean with a paper towel whetted with rubbing alcohol. You apply about half as much thermal paste on a GPU as you do on a CPU (roughly 1/2 the size of a grain of rice).

So is BOTH your VRAM and GPU core clock speeds 600MHz?

i've never touched the parts in my build yet, i didn't even build it, but i'll see / try if i can replace the thermal paste. and yeah they both speed 600mhz, until i can afford a new pc this is what i'm dealing with.

emilymurad74

Commendable
Aug 2, 2019
also maybe worth mentioning, yesterday i started getting pixels and glitching while gaming but only inside the game, when i pressed esc for the menu the part where i could see the game continued glitching but the menu was normal, i don't know if that's because of my gpu or because of the game since it updated yesterday, i've never had that before

emilymurad74

Commendable
Aug 2, 2019
What are your pings like lately? What is your internet speed on this pc? Are you running wired (ethernet) or wireless?

i use a internet cable, i always have 0-10 ping while in game. today my game started pixelating so much i had to stop, i suppose my gpu is laying on it's death bed